Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-01-2010, 09:18 PM   #1
brauckmiller
Edge User

Lets get the ball rolling.

So, I just heard from Susan at Entourage that Google is not allowing any non-phone devices to access the Android Market. If this is the case, what options are left for us?

Does anyone have a good list of PPAs that we can add to the eDGe to add cool third party apps?
If so, how do you go about adding the PPA? I see the UNKNOWN SOURCES option, but don't see a way to add any.

Also, Susan suggested consumers bug Google about their decision. I've posted to the Android Market forum and would encourage all of the other owners to do the same.

My post is here : http://www.google.com/support/forum/...2941c404&hl=en

Thanks

Craig Brauckmiller

Old 04-02-2010, 10:09 AM   #2
dcubed2
Edge User

I added my agreements and comments. What a poor business decision >:-(

Old 04-03-2010, 04:31 PM   #3
sarah11918
Edge User

I added my comments too, but they don't seem to be appearing. Is it a moderated forum (I did "sign up"), or simply on a delay? I clicked the "post" button, but the screen didn't change other than to grey out the post button.

In case it doesn't appear there, I wrote:

Quote:
So, how do we let the Android app developers know that they are being shut out from selling to the netbook/tablet audience? Surely someone among them has the ability to create a separate app market for larger-screen devices. And, sites like slideme.org do have their own site-specific "market/install" app. How do we encourage the Android developers to do that en masse for alternative devices?
If my comment doesn't show up there for a while, maybe someone would post that for me.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:39 AM   #4
rakista
Edge User

With a few more android pads on the horizon I doubt this will last long.