Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-04-2010, 05:20 PM   #1
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
Would a K3 owner do me a favor?

I just ordered a K3. I frequently read some philosophy books that have quotes in Romanised Sanskrit. I had a Pockebook 360 in which I installed a wonderful font that can display a wide arrange of languages (Charis SIL or Gentium, can't remember which one). AFAIU, the K2 has been hacked and so you can install whatever font you wish, but that's not true (yet) for the K3. So I'm wondering how those quotes I mentioned would show. Would someone do me a favor and check the attached HTML document?
Also, how do you display HTML documents with the Kindle? Do you need to open the web browser?
Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip The_Dialogues_of_Shiva_and_Parvatii_5.html.zip (3.0 KB, 171 views)
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:44 PM   #2
Bratzzo
Addict
Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hi,

OK, quick and dirty.

Converted with calibre to mobi, no other changes.

Here are all the pages.

Brattzo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sample1.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	982.9 KB
ID:	57637   Click image for larger version

Name:	sample2.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	984.3 KB
ID:	57638   Click image for larger version

Name:	sample3.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	923.4 KB
ID:	57639   Click image for larger version

Name:	sample4.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	930.3 KB
ID:	57640  
Bratzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2010, 08:14 PM   #3
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
Kindle doesn't officially support .html documents, but if you change the extension from .html to .txt, Kindle will display it. You still get text formatting like italics, underlining, and indenting. But, you don't get the nice space between paragraphs and centered titles like you'd get if you convert your .html source to .mobi with Calibre or Mobipocket Creator or your program of choice.

I looked at your file on my K3 and compared it to Bratzzo's pics. The Calibre conversion gives it an appealing format, but the font looks the same. Also, I think that converting preserves the links for the footnotes/endnotes, but changing to .txt kills the links.
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:18 PM   #4
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
Great! Thank you both for the pictures and the tips and info!
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote