Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-02-2010, 09:53 AM   #1
artemisblossom
Groupie
artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony prs505
removing books from calibre

ok this is probably a really dumb question but do you guys remove your books from calibre once they have been uploaded to the reader? When I open calibre I have about 300 books in the library it says. Sould I be removing them or are they ok here? I read that calibre makes a folder with all your books in it but I have not been able to access them (perhaps I am just not finding the correct folder).
artemisblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:57 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemisblossom View Post
ok this is probably a really dumb question but do you guys remove your books from calibre once they have been uploaded to the reader? When I open calibre I have about 300 books in the library it says. Sould I be removing them or are they ok here?
They are OK in the library and you should leave them there. You can later use Calibre to convert them to other formats, if you buy a different reader. You can use it to keep or update metadata in Calibre or on your reader (series name, publisher, special tags - like whether you've read it or how good it was.)
Quote:
I read that calibre makes a folder with all your books in it but I have not been able to access them (perhaps I am just not finding the correct folder).
You don't need to access the Calibre library directly. If you ever want a copy of a book for a friend, etc. Highlight the book and use Save to Disk.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2010, 11:19 AM   #3
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Why would I want to delete my ebooks? What would happen if I lost my reader?

I leave my ebooks in calibre's library -- and I leave calibre's library alone. Please read the link in my .sig for a long but hopefully informative rant on the subject.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote