Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-23-2010, 12:49 PM   #1
Tialis
Tialis began at the beginning.

Device: none
Is Kindle or Nook good for reading .jpgs?

Hello guys. This is the first time that i come to this forum... coze i saw a big discount in kindle and nook ebooks... and i though that now was a good moment to buy one of them!!

Of course i will use them for reading normal electronic books, but a lot of times i like to reed comics too, and as i have them in pdf, i would like to know if it is possible, or if it is better that i buy another kind of device.

I haven't searched deeply if there was this topic opened already, and if it was, I am really sorry, but i would be so glad if any of you could help me with my question.

Thank you all for your help!!
Tialis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:28 PM   #2
dorino
I'm odd. Take note.
dorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-books

Device: deceased PRS-600, Nook STR
if they're in PDF and are purely images, it should work fine. If your eyesight is bad, it might be hard to read those larger-sized american comics on the 6-inch screen. I have no trouble, though. Manga is flawless, too.

When able, as a sony user, I convert cbr/cbz comics into the sony's native lrf. seems much faster, and the files are usually smaller.
dorino is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
jpg, kindle, nook