Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-08-2010, 07:14 PM   #1
William Campbell
Connoisseur
William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle
Past Life Space Opera / Sci-fi Adventure

Awakening: Dead Forever Book 1

Imagine a world where death is merely an inconvenience.

A new body awaits and we resume living, fully aware of the past. Every love, talent and distaste, retained from one life to the next. But this immortal paradise has a price -- eternal life as slaves, oppressed by masters who forbid individuality, creative expression, and free thinking.

A band of rebels refuses to conform, but for a population that reincarnates, the government is powerless to eliminate insurgents. Putting them to death is useless. The rebels will return, again and again. The final solution -- perpetual amnesia. Kill their memory of past lives, and banish the rebels to a lonely corner of the galaxy.

Robbed of his identity and purpose, a reluctant hero is dumped into a transient existence, and he regards himself as insignificant. But he is of great interest to agents in black who come to collect him. His decision to flee begins a journey of rediscovery, but some of it he would rather leave buried. When an oddball crew of fellow rebels comes to his rescue, the boundaries of reality are tested, and who to trust is anyone's guess.

Eager to arouse his memory, a flirtatious member of the rebel team shows him the life he once enjoyed, and more, as he returns to a strange world where bodies are manufactured and childhood is obsolete. If only he could be a child again. First he'll have to remember how to reincarnate.

94k words, 266 pages.

Amazon | B & N | Smashwords | Kobo | Sony

Apotheosis: Dead Forever Book 2

A god? No thanks, too much responsibility.

Sequel to Awakening, the adventure continues as the rebel team travels to the Restricted Zone, but mistakes mount and the mission falls apart. Plunged into an alien world at war, the hero is caught between battling natives who either regard him as a god, or another heretic fit to burn.

The hero fights to bring peace among chaos but his nemesis has arrived, and he likes playing god, poised to launch unthinkable wrath that fulfills a world-ending prophecy. As their mighty gods clash, the warring natives are driven to extremes of intolerance and cruelty. The hero only wished to save their ravaged kingdom, not fuel its destruction.

A duel of the gods will decide the planet's fate, and the natives are confident their savior will prevail. But he is only a man, equally anxious to save himself, and there is no divine escape for mere mortals. The final conflict will expose the truth, either swaying the beliefs of devout minions, or immortalizing the dead hero for eternity.

Back home, the rebels are under siege, and the body supply is depleted. More of all the hero is expected to fix while he only longs to be a child again, the one dream denied him for lifetimes. He hatches a daring plot to outsmart the enemy, risking his own life, and the last body to enjoy as a free soul. A single choice could spell his end, for real this time. Dead forever.

Apotheosis continues the Dead Forever trilogy, followed by Resonance.

125k words, 354 pages

Amazon | B & N | Smashwords | Kobo | Sony

Resonance: Dead Forever Book 3

Sentence: Life on Earth.

Sequel to Apotheosis, the adventure continues as the hero begins another life, adding to countless wasted lives spent on Earth. A child born into Cold War America, he faces nuclear annihilation, as he did in a past that he wants to forget. Unruly in school and struggling to fit in, the boy tries convincing others of past lives, but adults dismiss his wild tales as the overactive imagination of a child in need of therapy and medication.

As an adult, his notions prove true when he encounters friends and foes from the distant past, also reincarnated on Earth. But after countless lifetimes, identity loses clarity. Who is friend, and who is foe? His undying quest remains -- find the love of all his lives. Surely, she was sentenced to Earth as well.

The hero is plunged into a world of deception and narcotics, illicit and prescribed. A fugitive, he is stalked by police while scheming to outsmart his nemesis. Gunshots, shattered glass and deadly falls are survived with ancient technology drawn from memory, and aided by trusted allies, he becomes a match for his one true enemy. Or so he thinks.

Torn between the search for love and a thirst to win, he learns the truth of his past, how it defines the future, and the funnel of time opens a portal to his destiny. Determined to conquer his enemy and win back his love, he is forced to choose -- give up one body and trust another will exist, or be eternally trapped without one, Dead Forever.

Sequel to Awakening and Apotheosis, Resonance concludes the Dead Forever trilogy.

113k words, 324 pages.

Amazon | B & N | Smashwords

Last edited by William Campbell; 03-23-2011 at 01:48 PM.
William Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:58 AM   #2
William Campbell
Connoisseur
William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!William Campbell rocks like Gibraltar!

Awakening review - Clayton Bye, The Deepening World of Fiction

"Awakening is a professionally written and solidly edited book that I feel is well worth the price and time you’ll spend on it. Cool science concepts made believable and an interesting story line by an author who’s unafraid to have some fun while he’s writing."

Read the full review:

http://reviews.thedeepening.com/2010...liam-campbell/

Last edited by William Campbell; 03-23-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:59 PM   #3
William Campbell
Connoisseur

Apotheosis review - Review Haven: Fantasy and Sci-Fi

"This is a great book to read. It's as entertaining as any good book, but unlike many it tackles some of the deep problems and questions of the world today, in a way that is subtle as you read the book, but makes you think when you put it down. If you are looking for a book that makes you think about the world, then this is a great one to read. I don't want to give anything away, but the theological implications are fascinating."

Read the full review:

http://sfandfantasyreviews.blogspot....potheosis.html

Last edited by William Campbell; 03-23-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:02 PM   #4
William Campbell
Connoisseur

Apotheosis review - Bestsellers World, reviewed by Teri Davis

"The strength of APOTHEOSIS is the continuation of the relationships between the characters, even with their body changes. The humanity towards others or the lack of with the characters makes both books an action adventure with sincere relationships that make each entity visible to the reader."

Read the full review:

http://www.bestsellersworld.com/2010...liam-campbell/

Last edited by William Campbell; 03-23-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:16 PM   #5
William Campbell
Connoisseur

Apotheosis review - Midwest Book Review

"Dead Forever Apotheosis" is a fun and enticing fantasy that will be hard to put down.

Read the full review:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2CNOBY...=cm_cr_dp_perm
http://www.midwestbookreview.com/sbw...#Fantasy/SciFi

Last edited by William Campbell; 03-23-2011 at 02:39 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:09 AM   #6
William Campbell
Connoisseur

Free for a time (EPUB/MOBI/LIT/PDB/PDF)

I am offering book 1 for free, from multiple sources, for a limited time.

MOBI (PRC, AZW), free through 10/16 at Mobipocket:

http://www.mobipocket.com/en/eBooks/...?BookID=263460

EPUB/PRC/LIT/PDB/PDF from Ooka Booka, free for a limited time:

http://www.ookabooka.com/bookdetail.php?book=139

This is a new eBook site and doesn't seem to work for all formats unless you log in. Not sure what's going on there. I have only started to try them out because they offer a variety of formats, all hand-coded formats I have uploaded, rather than dumbed-down conversions like SM. If the format you want can't be obtained, e-mail and I will send you a file of your choice directly (william@deadforever.com).

Apple iPad, free for a limited time: Search iBooks for "Dead Forever." Unfortunately, Apple is still listing books 1 and 2 under the same name. A resolution is in progress but I figure, why make you wait? Which title is free will be clearly evident. Details can also be accessed via the iTunes website:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/isbn9780971796034

All of the above e-book venues also sell book 2. Book 3 is scheduled for early 2011.
Those who like the story, you're invited to join my Facebook fan page, link below.

Thank you, everyone.

Last edited by William Campbell; 03-23-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:54 AM   #7
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
I've downloaded this book it sounds very interesting. It's 3rd on my list to be read.

I assume you aren't an owner of the site, but I must say that Ooka Booka site kind of sucks. I felt rather confused as to how to download your book, getting your book shouldn't have to be a puzzle. And I would never use Paypal to buy books. Well, actually, I wouldn't use paypal for anything.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:46 AM   #8
thianliongpatpoh
Zealot
thianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litter

Device: iPad
Bought the .99 version at amazon for my kindle for iPad app... and found out it's free at iBook. But hey, I kinda like the idea and just went on to just buy it...
thianliongpatpoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:30 AM   #9
William Campbell
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
I've downloaded this book it sounds very interesting. It's 3rd on my list to be read.

I assume you aren't an owner of the site, but I must say that Ooka Booka site kind of sucks. I felt rather confused as to how to download your book, getting your book shouldn't have to be a puzzle. And I would never use Paypal to buy books. Well, actually, I wouldn't use paypal for anything.
Thanks for your interest, Glen. About Ooka Booka, yeah, not my site and not the best, but I didn't want to say anything first. I was curious what others thought as well. They approached me and I did like the idea that I could peddle my own files. Beyond that, I'm not seeing many advantages. The site is a bit convoluted, and way too many ads! Especially for a site just starting out, as I imagine, without all that much traffic yet. Anyway, good to know it's not just me. I figured it was worth a try anyway.

By the way, if you don't like Paypal, are there others options you prefer? I'm always listening, especially to all that readers have to say. Trying to tweak my approach every day.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:12 AM   #10
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Tried to get it at Mobipocket. All seems well to add to cart or one-click buy, but it never ends up in my ebook library there.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:53 PM   #11
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Campbell View Post
Thanks for your interest, Glen. About Ooka Booka, yeah, not my site and not the best, but I didn't want to say anything first. I was curious what others thought as well. They approached me and I did like the idea that I could peddle my own files. Beyond that, I'm not seeing many advantages. The site is a bit convoluted, and way too many ads! Especially for a site just starting out, as I imagine, without all that much traffic yet. Anyway, good to know it's not just me. I figured it was worth a try anyway.

By the way, if you don't like Paypal, are there others options you prefer? I'm always listening, especially to all that readers have to say. Trying to tweak my approach every day.
Well, I like Smashwords pretty well, I don't know how it is to sell books from there, but the shopping experience is first rate. As far as how to pay for it, I guess credit Cards are my media of choice, in today's world PayPal seems required to sell stuff, but I won't use them for anything and that is non negotiable for me.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:11 PM   #12
William Campbell
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by thianliongpatpoh View Post
Bought the .99 version at amazon for my kindle for iPad app... and found out it's free at iBook. But hey, I kinda like the idea and just went on to just buy it...
That's a bummer. But glad you mentioned it so others know. I would have made if free at Amazon, too, if they would allow it. Not an option, at least, in the publisher's control for indie titles. Maybe the big boys.

Once you get around to it, let me know how you like the story and if you want the second, I'll PM you a coupon code for a discount from Smashwords, to make up the difference.

Thanks for your interest. Much appreciated.

-William
Old 10-13-2010, 01:17 PM   #13
William Campbell
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Tried to get it at Mobipocket. All seems well to add to cart or one-click buy, but it never ends up in my ebook library there.
Hmm. Might explain little action over at Mobipocket. I've got a hunch. When I first set up the title nearly a year ago, they demanded DRM-encrypted files. Then recently, I'd uploaded some updates but not encrypted. I'd prefer no DRM but it seems that fouls up things at Mobipocket. That's my hunch anyway.

If you want to work with me (which I greatly appreciate), we'll try it again. I've uploaded encrypted files. If you try again, maybe it will work. If not, then it's something else, which I will then investigate.

Either way, thank you for posting. I would have never known otherwise. Who knows how many others have tried, and just decided not to fool with it. In any case, if we can't get the Mobipocket site to work, I'll be glad to e-mail a file directly to you. It would help me though, if you could try one more time first. Thank you so much.

Last edited by William Campbell; 10-15-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:36 PM   #14
William Campbell
Connoisseur

Let's try Smashwords

Since the Ooka Booka site isn't the best, and Mobipocket is not cooperating, I'll offer the freebie though the preferred outlet: Smashwords. Use the coupon code RE63Y to pick up a free copy of Awakening. The coupon is good through 10/22 (one week from now).

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8981

Enjoy.

Thanks, everyone.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:08 PM   #15
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Many thanks. I will add that to my rapidly growing "to read" list
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, past lives, reincarnation, sci-fi, space opera