Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-14-2010, 06:42 PM   #1
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
How are you liking your iPad case?

I saw some older threads, but want to see whether there's more feedback now that time has passed.

Can you provide a link to your case?
How are you liking it?
Can you charge, dock, etc., with your case on?
Is there another case you'd get instead now?
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:44 PM   #2
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
My girlfriend has the official Apple case.

It's pretty good, but not great IMO.

It could be a bit more stable when standing up, and the material is a magnet for dust, fuzz etc.

I also don't like how it has that edge that sticks out around the borders, makes it harder to get to the volume buttons etc.

But I'm not sure anything else is better, as the other book style cases seem to bulky to me.

If I got one I'd probably just get one of the silicon grip cases to put on it and a neoprene sleeve for transport in my briefcase.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2010, 06:45 PM   #3
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
1. Apple Case
2. Very much
3. Yes. I can charge in this case with the USB cord, it does not fit into the Apple Dock without trimming the case first or slipping it out.
4. The only other case I would consider is a Dodo Case.

in addition to being in the apple case 80% of the time my iPad also has a skin from Best Skins Ever applied, front and back. The front offers protection even within the Apple case. The back offers protection when not in the Apple case. The film is thin and transparent and does not inhibit the iPad's use in any way.

Last edited by scottjl; 05-14-2010 at 07:38 PM.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:02 PM   #4
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
I have the Apple case, which has shown me that I really value the different angles you can use. I've ordered a Noreve case which offers the same sort of angling. I very much enjoy my Noreve Kindle case, and I hope I'll say the same about the iPad case (whenever it might actually arrive... )

In an aside which some may find amusing, the Noreve site relies heavily on Flash.
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:34 PM   #5
lilman
Addict
lilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX, iPad
1. Official Apple Case
2. Great case. Provides sturdy typing and portrait modes. Can collect dust, but that can be wiped off. I would like something stronger if I took my iPad on a trip... maybe just stick the apple case inside a bigger case/container.
3. Don't have the dock, but can charge.
4. Not sure... maybe a Medge case. I have one for my Kindle DX and it provides excellent protection. I would prefer a case that folds for typing though.
lilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2010, 07:36 PM   #6
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I've got the offical apple case. It's ok. I've also got an incase, which I don't use. Given the size of the iPad, I like having some stiff protection for the screen and I don't think the incase gives that protection. Something like the old rhinocase for the palm would be nice, but it would be a bit on the heavy side.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 03:03 AM   #7
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
I have the M-Edge executive case. I really like it, and wouldn't want a different one. You can charge with it on. It provides excellent protection, and looks really snazzy.
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 03:40 AM   #8
holterzoff
Connoisseur
holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kindle3w, Ipad, iphone4
The marware eco-flip, considered as best ipad case by ilounge.com
http://www.marware.com/products/iPad...4Pa38Ta38MbNz0
It has the same functionality as the apple case, but with quality leather instead the cheap finish of the apple case. Nearly the same price, recommended.
holterzoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 06:08 AM   #9
jibril
Connoisseur
jibril is on a distinguished road

I have a Switceasy Rebel Serpent as an iPhone case and I love it... so when I get an iPad, I will look at their case:
http://www.switcheasy.com/products/N...NUDE_iPad.php#
jibril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:36 PM   #10
Fotoman
Groupie
Fotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it is

Device: iPad 64GB wifi (Sony 505 RIP)
I'm using the CTCStore Case while I wait for the Clamcase to be available.

The CTC is functional and worth the $14.95. I like the looks of the Clamcase in how it matches the black frame of the iPad and the multi position hinge will be handy. The included BT keyboard is a bonus but I think I would prefer this case even without it.
Fotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:21 PM   #11
randyman
Enthusiast
randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Now, iPad!
I'm using two goodies from Waterfield in San Francisco, and I'm gaga about both of them.

First, their Ultimate Sleeve case -

http://sfbags.com/products/ipad-case...cases-ipad.php

and a fantastic Portable Muzetto bag to carry it around in -

http://www.sfbags.com/products/muzetto/muzetto.htm

If you're interested in the bag, too, make sure you get the Portable model; it was designed to fit the Ultimate Sleeve case. They're not cheap, but they'll last a lot longer than the iPad will. (This first model, anyway.) I love 'em.
randyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:30 PM   #12
Exer
I see Russia!
Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Etch-A-Sketch
I don't yet even have my iPad (I'm waiting until after next month to see how much I'll be dropping on the 4G iPhone) but I already know I'll be going for a Vaja http://www.vajacases.com/. Yeah, they are expensive, but they are without a doubt the highest quality leather cases I've ever seen. I have a thing for leather, what can I say. I've had a Vaja on my iPhone 3G since it came out, and the thing still looks brand new.

Now having said that... I also have my eye on the stuff from HardGraft http://shop.hardgraft.com/, another favorite of mine. Why do I have to love things that cost sooo much money?
Exer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:41 PM   #13
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by holterzoff View Post
The marware eco-flip, considered as best ipad case by ilounge.com
http://www.marware.com/products/iPad...4Pa38Ta38MbNz0
It has the same functionality as the apple case, but with quality leather instead the cheap finish of the apple case. Nearly the same price, recommended.
This does look very nice and functional. Will keep it in mind for future iPad purchase.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:23 PM   #14
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

I have two friends with the mar ware case and both like it. the only thing to watch out for is that it has a magnetic clasp. if you get the 3G iPad and rely on the GPS & digital compass for navigation the magnet will throw it off. my friends both have wifi so they don't care.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 04:19 AM   #15
holterzoff
Connoisseur
holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kindle3w, Ipad, iphone4
Quote:
I have two friends with the mar ware case and both like it. the only thing to watch out for is that it has a magnetic clasp
Hi, i think you're referring to a different marware case. The ecovue and ecoflip are both closed with a strap. Nothing magnetic on these cases.
holterzoff is offline   Reply With Quote