Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-24-2010, 12:16 AM   #1
december
Nameless Being

CSS for a Kindle-like text formatting?

I apologize if this has already been asked, but does anyone have any suggestions for what CSS coding might produce an e-pub output most similar to the Kindle "default" (i.e., no spacing between paragraphs, and minimal indent - looks to be about three letters' worth of space?)

I'm going a little nuts here trying to replicate it, and am hoping that someone else might have gone this way before me. Thanks!
Old 04-24-2010, 02:40 AM   #2
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
For no spacing between paragraphs use
Code:
margin-top: 0;
margin-bottom: 0;
applied to the tags that contain your paragraphs.

For small indents use something like
Code:
text-indent: 1em; //vary size "1em" to suit. can be decimal (eg: "0.9em")
and apply this also to your paragraph containing tags.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2010, 07:44 AM   #3
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Try this:

Code:
p 
{
   margin: 0; 
   padding: 0;
   text-indent: 1em;
}
Change the value of the text-indent to something else if 1em doesn't suit you. Personally, I always use 1.5em.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote