Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-12-2009, 06:35 PM   #31
Kess
Enthusiast
Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
I think it would be appropriate for me to introduce myself: I'm the official MR stalker, and my pray of choice is writers....Mouhahahaha!

Beware, I "karma slap" and I follow authors everywhere.

Really happy to see you all here - fresh meat!
Uh oh! Wait, does this mean you're a groupie? Cos groupies are cool. I can live with a groupie.

Do you like cookies? I'm just asking in case I need a suitable 'reward' (or distraction while I flee screaming from the forum).

Glad to be here!

¬Kess / Mel
Kess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:39 PM   #32
Kess
Enthusiast
Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Okay here they are again with the offending font removed

Ooooo. Okay, I love that more. The orange sky one is definitely my favourite. I like the scratchy-type look to it.

I think I want to change the tagline on it - I just need to work out what to change it to. O.o I like the one you've got, but it doesn't entirely fit the blog.

I need my morning coffee. Then maybe my brain will work.

¬Kess / Mel
Advert
Old 08-12-2009, 06:57 PM   #33
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kess View Post

Ooooo. Okay, I love that more. The orange sky one is definitely my favourite. I like the scratchy-type look to it.

I think I want to change the tagline on it - I just need to work out what to change it to. O.o I like the one you've got, but it doesn't entirely fit the blog.

I need my morning coffee. Then maybe my brain will work.

¬Kess / Mel
When you've got the final blurb, let me know and we'll finalize the design
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:13 PM   #34
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Uh oh! Wait, does this mean you're a groupie? Cos groupies are cool. I can live with a groupie.

Do you like cookies? I'm just asking in case I need a suitable 'reward' (or distraction while I flee screaming from the forum).

Glad to be here!

¬Kess / Mel
Glad you are here too!

I guess groupie is an appropriate title, and I'm easily bribed (although even more easily with ZCD's...and cake). But believe me, you will never need to run away, and even if you tried, you simply couldn't! Plus, if I am not mistaken, your friends are trapped here too, so why would you abandon them!

Oh, and Geoff:

And Moejoe: you rock!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:35 PM   #35
Kess
Enthusiast

Quote:
When you've got the final blurb, let me know and we'll finalize the design
How about something like:

The world has ended
The rain is acid
The dead are hungry
Plenty for a girl to blog about

Too long?

~Kess / Mel
Advert
Old 08-12-2009, 09:52 PM   #36
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
The survivors are hungry
So are the dead.

(not saying I don't like yours, but that sprang to mind as I read it )
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:56 PM   #37
Kess
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
The survivors are hungry
So are the dead.

(not saying I don't like yours, but that sprang to mind as I read it )
Hee, I like that, Nomesque! Thanks!

I feel like the first or second line could be cut out. Hmm.

~Kess / Mel
Old 08-12-2009, 11:14 PM   #38
Reyben
Connoisseur
Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Erm... None.
Quote:
How about something like:

The world has ended
The rain is acid
The dead are hungry
Plenty for a girl to blog about

Too long?
Personally, I think tags should only be two lines or so. How about:

Acid rain. Zombie Apocalypse. Kinda' hungry.
End of the world. Start of the blog.

Although personally I must admit, I found Moejoe's quite catchy...

Last edited by Reyben; 08-12-2009 at 11:18 PM.
Reyben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:28 PM   #39
Kess
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyben View Post
Personally, I think tags should only be two lines or so. How about:

Acid rain. Zombie Apocalypse. Kinda' hungry.

Although personally I must admit, I found Moejoe's quite catchy...
I like that! Especially the second line. Not sure I want to over-emphasise the zombie aspect, as it took four months of the blog to get to them.

What about:

Acid rain. Hungry dead. Handful of survivors.

?

~Kess / Mel
Old 08-12-2009, 11:28 PM   #40
Witchbaby
Connoisseur
Witchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyben View Post

Population: 21,000,000.

Population Density: It's a two day journey to the nearest supermarket.

Indigenous foodstuffs: Vegemite.

Main export: Cheerfulness.

Dangerous animals: Box Jellyfish, Salt Water Crocodile, Cone Shell, Scorpion Fish, Blue Ringed Octopus, Stone Fish, Funnel Web Spider, Red Back Spider, White Tail Spider, pretty much all of the other spiders, kangaroos (especially kangaroos), sharks, snakes, bees, wasps, termites, ants, the guy who starred in Crocodile Dundee, Stingrays, more snakes, platypuses, sea snakes, lizards, Tasmanian devils, Tasmanian tigers, Emus, Dingos, some of the rocks, and - aw, look, you see that cute thing that looks like a Teddy Bear? If you say its name three times, it comes to get you in the night.

Harmless Animals: One of the sheep.

...I really, really want to go.

Awesome!

I don't even trust that one sheep
Witchbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:44 PM   #41
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
I like that! Especially the second line. Not sure I want to over-emphasise the zombie aspect, as it took four months of the blog to get to them.

What about:

Acid rain. Hungry dead. Handful of survivors.

?

~Kess / Mel

Use the rule of 3, it's punchier.

End of the world. Handful of survivors. Start the blog.

or

End of the world? Only a handful of survivors? What better time to start a blog?
Old 08-13-2009, 12:25 AM   #42
Kess
Enthusiast

Quote:
Use the rule of 3, it's punchier.

End of the world. Handful of survivors. Start the blog.

or

End of the world? Only a handful of survivors? What better time to start a blog?
I like the punchy one, on one line or two:

End of the world. Handful of survivors.
Start of the blog.

Ta!

~Kess / Mel
Old 08-13-2009, 12:33 AM   #43
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
I like the punchy one, on one line or two:

End of the world. Handful of survivors.
Start of the blog.

Ta!

~Kess / Mel
Your wish is my command It'll be up soon enough once I've stopped buzzing over Sony going ePub only
Old 08-13-2009, 12:53 AM   #44
Kess
Enthusiast

Quote:
Your wish is my command It'll be up soon enough once I've stopped buzzing over Sony going ePub only
No rush! I would hate to interrupt your, er, buzzing.

~Kess / Mel
Old 08-13-2009, 12:56 AM   #45
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
No rush! I would hate to interrupt your, er, buzzing.

~Kess / Mel
I've had enough coffee to keep three elephants awake, and its nearing 6am....christ, I didn't realise how late it was