Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-13-2009, 02:42 AM   #1
Alan Baxter
Connoisseur
Alan Baxter doesn't litterAlan Baxter doesn't litter

Device: Laptop for now, iPhone soon.
RealmShift & MageSign, dark fantasy thrillers

Well, this seemed like the place for a bit of shameless self-promtion. If anyone likes dark fantasy/horror/thrillers with loads of action, gods, demons and intrigue then you might be interested in my novels, RealmShift and the sequel, MageSign.

You can learn all about them and download the first three chapters for free (PDF format) at my website: http://www.alanbaxteronline.com/books

You can get the full novels in print from Amazon or direct from Blade Red Press, or ebook versions in Kindle at Amazon, multiple formats from Smashwords or in a special bundle at DriveThruFantasy where you can get both books for US$5. Here's my stuff on DriveThru.

Have a look on the Books page at my site to see all the options clearly. If you do give them a go, be sure to let me know what you think!
Alan Baxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:44 AM   #2
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Lo Alan! You should wander down to the Intro forum and tell us all about you.
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2009, 02:49 AM   #3
Alan Baxter
Connoisseur

Just been there.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:54 AM   #4
nomesque
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Baxter View Post
Just been there.
You're quick!

I do mean to read these some day, when I have money AND an ebook reader :-)
Old 08-13-2009, 02:55 AM   #5
Alan Baxter
Connoisseur

Both for $5 now on DriveThru - can't get much better than that!

Advert
Old 08-13-2009, 03:02 AM   #6
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Well, this seemed like the place for a bit of shameless self-promtion. If anyone likes dark fantasy/horror/thrillers with loads of action, gods, demons and intrigue then you might be interested in my novels, RealmShift and the sequel, MageSign.

You can learn all about them and download the first three chapters for free (PDF format) at my website: http://www.alanbaxteronline.com/books

You can get the full novels in print from Amazon or direct from Blade Red Press, or ebook versions in Kindle at Amazon, multiple formats from Smashwords or in a special bundle at DriveThruFantasy where you can get both books for US$5. Here's my stuff on DriveThru.

Have a look on the Books page at my site to see all the options clearly. If you do give them a go, be sure to let me know what you think!
Welcome Alan, glad you found MR and this corner of the web that is so great I'm currently working on covers for all your books (I do this as a hobby and because, well it's fun).

Here's a quick sneaky peak of one of them

PICTURE REMOVED.

Last edited by Moejoe; 08-13-2009 at 05:42 PM.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:03 AM   #7
Alan Baxter
Connoisseur

Working on covers? They already have covers!

Old 08-13-2009, 03:04 AM   #8
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Working on covers? They already have covers!

I know, I just make my own

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/album.php?albumid=234
Old 08-13-2009, 03:06 AM   #9
Alan Baxter
Connoisseur

Blimey, how strange! You could probably make a business out of that if you wanted to! Have you read the books or are you basing it on blurbs?
Old 08-13-2009, 03:06 AM   #10
Alan Baxter
Connoisseur

By the way, it's Ghost Of The Black, not Ghosts.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:07 AM   #11
nomesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
He does a damn good job!
Old 08-13-2009, 03:09 AM   #12
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Blimey, how strange! You could probably make a business out of that if you wanted to! Have you read the books or are you basing it on blurbs?
Blurbs mainly Just a bit of fun and well, I have to do them for my own stuff so I may as well get some practice in (Oh and they're all done in the GIMP).
Old 08-13-2009, 03:29 AM   #13
Winter
Enthusiast
Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Asus EeePC
Hey Alan, you got BRP onto DriveThru? You should give Dave a nudge and help him set up over there, I don't think we've done it yet.

Awesome work, as always.

Regards,
Ryan
Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:52 AM   #14
Alan Baxter
Connoisseur

Thanks mate - I'll drop Dave a line about it.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:25 AM   #15
Moejoe
Banned

Okay here's what I came up with :
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ghostoftheblack.png
Views:	313
Size:	656.0 KB
ID:	34133