Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-11-2009, 08:48 PM   #1
Kess
Enthusiast
Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The Apocalypse Blog

Hello everyone!

I am currently writing an ongoing blogfic: the Apocalypse Blog. It's updated every day (mostly because I'm mildly insane), and it tracks one character's journey through the end of her world and out the other side.

Here's a handy little blurb for it:

Quote:
Faith’s world has ended. Broken, poisoned, and increasingly infested with the shambling dead, it isn’t much like the world she used to know. She made it through an apocalypse with a handful of strangers, but what does she do next?

This is her story, told in real-time as she tries to keep a journal of her group’s journey, searching for food, hope and survival.
There are adult themes and occasionally some swearing. Oh, and the odd zombie.

It's currently available through RSS (or the website, obviously). Once the story is complete, I'm thinking about rolling it up into an e-book, or possibly several e-books (it has just toppled over 200,000 words).

Suggestions, comments, feedback, all welcome!

~Kess / Mel

Apocalypse Blog - the blogfic
Adventures in Text - my writing blog

Last edited by Kess; 08-20-2009 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Link fixy
Kess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:08 PM   #2
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Welcome to MR Kess Loads more writers joining in the last few days, which is excellent A lot of them seem to be from Australia as well..mmm I wonder if a certain Nomesque has anything to do with this
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2009, 10:16 PM   #3
Kess
Enthusiast
Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's entirely possible there was some link posting and following and hello people!

~Kess / Mel
Old 08-11-2009, 10:20 PM   #4
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kess View Post
It's entirely possible there was some link posting and following and hello people!

~Kess / Mel
Good stuff. I'm currently trying to work on a calibre recipe for your blog, which would be great for everyone here so they can download your story directly to their ereader of choice. I'll post it when i have it completed. Also, if you'd like a book cover for when you release the complete book, I do that as a hobby and have produced some for MR members (shown below)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BENFRANK&DINOSAURS31.png
Views:	508
Size:	559.2 KB
ID:	34017   Click image for larger version

Name:	SKULLY1.PNG
Views:	507
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	34018   Click image for larger version

Name:	Delver-Magic1.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	34019  
Old 08-11-2009, 10:35 PM   #5
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Welcome to MR Kess Loads more writers joining in the last few days, which is excellent A lot of them seem to be from Australia as well..mmm I wonder if a certain Nomesque has anything to do with this
*innocent whistle*

As if I'd encourage hordes of writers to descend upon you and offer you their wares for free! That would be... RUDE!!!

(what gave me away? was it the fact that I greeted 'em all like long lost pals?)

nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2009, 10:41 PM   #6
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
*innocent whistle*

As if I'd encourage hordes of writers to descend upon you and offer you their wares for free! That would be... RUDE!!!

(what gave me away? was it the fact that I greeted 'em all like long lost pals?)

It's an antipodean invasion I tells ya! We pommes (sp?) are outnumbered
Old 08-11-2009, 10:42 PM   #7
nomesque
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
We antipodes haz potatoes too! AND apples!
Old 08-11-2009, 11:02 PM   #8
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
We antipodes haz potatoes too! AND apples!
And scary spiders and things that bite you when you go to the toilet too Then again you do have swimming pools, nice weather and Rolf Harris (the God!!) does come from there too
Old 08-11-2009, 11:03 PM   #9
Kess
Enthusiast

Quote:
If it's any consolation, I spent 20 years in the UK before I came to Oz. So really, I'm an almost-pommie invading the Antipodes.

~Kess / Mel
Old 08-11-2009, 11:07 PM   #10
Kess
Enthusiast

Quote:
Good stuff. I'm currently trying to work on a calibre recipe for your blog, which would be great for everyone here so they can download your story directly to their ereader of choice. I'll post it when i have it completed. Also, if you'd like a book cover for when you release the complete book, I do that as a hobby and have produced some for MR members (shown below)
I saw your Dead(ish) covers, and your others don't disappoint! Thank you so much for the offer - I will definitely hit you up if/when I get to rounding up AB into book form. Awesome.

I have no idea what a calibre recipe is, but if you need anything from me to make it work, let me know. The story is split up into handy chapter-like chunks (the Chronology page has them all listed out, and I numbered them recently for sanity).

Hope you enjoy!

~Kess / Mel
Old 08-11-2009, 11:08 PM   #11
Kess
Enthusiast

Quote:
And scary spiders and things that bite you when you go to the toilet too Then again you do have swimming pools, nice weather and Rolf Harris (the God!!) does come from there too
It's okay, the locals bite worse than the wildlife.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:52 PM   #12
Moejoe
Banned

Okay, here's a very quick proof of concept, tell me what you think..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	APOCALYPSEBLOG1.png
Views:	543
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	34024  
Old 08-12-2009, 01:04 AM   #13
nomesque

Quote:
And scary spiders and things that bite you when you go to the toilet too
Only if you forget to check the loo seat, or shake out your boots/quilt/pillow/pj's! And pythons eat rats, which endears them to me. Huntsmen and bird-eating spiders are a little too much for me tho.

Quote:
Then again you do have swimming pools, nice weather and Rolf Harris (the God!!) does come from there too
God's own country - though apparently he didn't send Jesus here cos he couldn't find 3 wise men or a virgin.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:07 AM   #14
nomesque

Quote:
Can we haz zombies?
Old 08-12-2009, 01:50 AM   #15
Kess
Enthusiast

Quote:
Oooo! Love it, thank you. I adore the silhouette, and the tagline is hilarious. Not sure about the barcode - that sort of thing doesn't tend to come up. I love the simplicity of the red, too. Could go for something more burnt if you wanted (the AB world has a scorched orange sky, if that's any help).

~Kess / Mel