Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-19-2009, 06:57 PM   #16
el.astrologo
Groupie
el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-700BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoxikon View Post
Is it possible to make a game with links and the like ?
HMMmm!! That would be more fun to try to do it, than to play.

If someone does it, i will play a few time.
Like my Ebookman, I use it to read more than 99 % of the time.
So I do not see a future for it. Unless we find a new way to play with text and idea using links.

My 2cents worth.
Hey Paradoxikon, it is possible though extremely annoying to do such a thing as Acid Zebra discovered a while ago (the link was posted on this same thread but here goes again just in case https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26955), he spent lots of time making an interactive version of the first chapter of Alice in Wonderland.

If you are up to the challenge, by all means please do so! I'd love to play some IF here

Cheers
el.astrologo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:10 AM   #17
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
well if there are any IF games Encoded into HTML, you could just put it into a Epub.

then again if there are only really old ones, the PSP is the best Emulator around. it can do nearly every system that came out before it. of course you need an older psp, and have to hack it, but still thats not much(the Star Wars Edition White PSPs are hackable)
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2009, 03:37 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
There are excellent Z-code interpreters available for Palm and Pocket PC. That's your best bet if you want a portable IF platform.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:58 AM   #19
Paradoxikon
Paradoxikon doesn't litterParadoxikon doesn't litterParadoxikon doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505S, EbookMan (10 years), COMPAQ C-140 (1 Year)
Quote:
Originally Posted by el.astrologo View Post
Hey Paradoxikon, it is possible though extremely annoying to do such a thing as Acid Zebra discovered a while ago (the link was posted on this same thread but here goes again just in case https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26955), he spent lots of time making an interactive version of the first chapter of Alice in Wonderland.

If you are up to the challenge, by all means please do so! I'd love to play some IF here

Cheers
Yes that is what I was thinking about. it is a bit like some of the adventure books my children were playing with. It is linear. What I am looking for, is a way to make a action or decision and therefore adding more interactivity with the reader.

I will make a try at one of these books. But not before a few month, for I am leaving for a trip to England for a few weeks.

Thanks for the links. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/ima...t/thankyou.gif
Paradoxikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:53 PM   #20
el.astrologo
Groupie
el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-700BC
Sure, we have time
el.astrologo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2009, 03:59 PM   #21
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Found this thread while considering a similar idea. Wish I knew how to program
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:01 PM   #22
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Ah, that brings back memories - I played Zork, HHGG and Leather Goddesses of Phobos on my Franklin eBookman when I had one.

I've recently resurrected my old iPaq 3135 - maybe I should see if I can find a Frotz version that will run on it.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:27 PM   #23
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
I've recently resurrected my old iPaq 3135 - maybe I should see if I can find a Frotz version that will run on it.
See:

http://www.ifarchive.org/indexes/if-...erpreters.html

"frotz" and "zip" (and probably others too) are available for Windows CE.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote