Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 09-02-2008, 02:52 PM   #61
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkulz View Post
Very true. He also mentioned that they will accept bug reports for both firmware versions, which I had specifically asked [NOTE: I didn't ask about eBook Publisher].
Already been documented for him in the sticky thread
ETI eBook Publisher : bug reports / workarounds / update requests
; if he wants to look....

I checked the migration firmwares at the ETI website and they appear to be at version 4.2f22 for the REB1200 and 4.2f17 for the EBW1150. Hope this helps. I will be upgrading my original REB1200 soon!

Did he ask how well this 1999/2000 hardware product surfs the 'net? ask you for any tips?
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:52 PM   #62
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
5, Most of the ebooks were first made in Mobipocket format in BookDesigner. Then mobi2imp was used to convert to IMP.
Nate, would you mind testing the latest version of Scroogled in IMP to see if it really does work when you click the MobileRead link? I know for sure that one went HTML (original) > Book Designer > HTML (from Book Designer) > Mobipocket Creator (HTML from Book Designer) > IMP (Mobi2IMP)
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2008, 02:59 PM   #63
thunderchild
thunderchild began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookwise 1150
I have installed python and the utilities. But I have no idea how to get this to work. I have IMPServe working and have put 2 .imp books in the contents folder but how do I redirect the reader to look at this file? I have never used Python so its all really confusing!!! I have the colour of magic that I am desperate to read it.

Any help is appreciated.
thunderchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:03 PM   #64
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
First, you'll have to go to settings, Ethernet Connection (1200) or Phone Connection (1150) and then tick the HTTP proxy box and enter the host as your IP address (1200) or 127.0.0.1 (1150). Then go to the online bookshelf, and you can access those IMPs. (You can find your IP on Windows by typing "cmd /k ipconfig" in Start -> Run).

If you want to do regular browsing, then you can create an index.html in the content folder with links to your favorite sites e.g.

Code:
<html><body><h1>Links</h1>
<p><a href="http://google.com/">Google</a></p>
<p><a href="http://www.mobileread.mobi/">Mobileread</a></p>
</body></html>
You can then use Menu -> Directory to go to this landing page, and from there on explore the net!
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:17 PM   #65
thunderchild

Ashkulz

Thanks for the help but I have put those details in the reader and when I go to the bookshelf it still only shows what in the official Ebookwise bookshelf. I have Impserve runniing when trying to access the these .imps

Any suggestions?
Advert
Old 09-02-2008, 03:19 PM   #66
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderchild View Post
I have installed python and the utilities. But I have no idea how to get this to work. I have IMPServe working and have put 2 .imp books in the contents folder but how do I redirect the reader to look at this file? I have never used Python so its all really confusing!!! I have the colour of magic that I am desperate to read it.

Any help is appreciated.
I provided setup instructions over here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...469#post245469
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:19 PM   #67
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Do you get any messages in the impserve window when you access the online bookshelf? If not, your configuration might be wrong (did you remember to tick the HTTP Proxy checkbox?).
Old 09-02-2008, 03:25 PM   #68
thunderchild

I have checked the HTTP proxy box and entered 9090. I get the message
"There was no response from the server;btrying the operation again may help"
It dose no tho.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:27 PM   #69
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Nate, would you mind testing the latest version of Scroogled in IMP to see if it really does work when you click the MobileRead link? I know for sure that one went HTML (original) > Book Designer > HTML (from Book Designer) > Mobipocket Creator (HTML from Book Designer) > IMP (Mobi2IMP)
It worked, but the previous version worked better. In the version you uploaded this morning, the hyperlink has disappeared. I had to highlight the entire link before it would work. On the previous version, I simply clicked on it.

The current version has the current logo. The previous version has the "Saturn's Thumb" logo.

I found one way to make this not work. Whenever my 8MB storage was full, I kept getting data fault errors. Once I freed up about 3MB, I had much fewer errors.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:29 PM   #70
ashkulz
Addict

Quote:
I have checked the HTTP proxy box and entered 9090. I get the message
"There was no response from the server;btrying the operation again may help"
It dose no tho.
Okay, that's better ... I've assumed you've entered the host as 127.0.0.1. Can you tell me what message the impserve window gives (or at least post a screenshot of what it is showing)?
Old 09-02-2008, 03:33 PM   #71
thunderchild

Not sure how but it has now decided to work. I thank you for your help x
Old 09-02-2008, 03:37 PM   #72
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Hurray, another satisfied customer user. Let the testing begin...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:37 PM   #73
ashkulz
Addict

Quote:
If you persevere, things are bound to work

EDIT: this time Nick beat me to it!
Old 09-02-2008, 04:06 PM   #74
Ret
Connoisseur
Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I'm using EBW1150 with version 4.2f17 (updated it last week) and cannot surf the web from ebooks.
I rechecked using privoxy and I CAN surf to google Canana News link. I don't know if there's something going on in impserve's HTML parsing process. Maybe the file gets larger? I certainly don't know.
Ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:08 PM   #75
ashkulz
Addict

What kind of an error do you get, Ret? I'd appreciate it if you could post the server logs...