Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Thumbs up Earn FREE Amazon Coins!

Amazon Coins are now available in the UK and Germany as of 22 Nov 2013, and Kindle Fire owners there will receive 400 free coins (worth £4). See post #27 below for more information.

Earn 110 Amazon Coins when you get the free CastleVille Legends app at Amazon.com! This is a Kindle Fire Edition app, but I was able to purchase it for my non-Fire tablet.

These Coins can be redeemed to purchase eligible products through the Amazon Appstore (other apps). Promotional Coins expire on the last day of the calendar month one year after they're received.

You can learn more about Amazon Coins here. Information about purchasing additional coins can be found here.

*** NOTE: The CastleVille Legends offer is no longer valid. See ADDITIONAL free coin offers listed in posts below! ***

Last edited by DreamWriter; 11-28-2013 at 02:52 AM.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:23 PM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Cool, maybe now I'll have enough coins to get an app I want for my kids.

Well drats, I'm up to 430, but I need at least 499 (possibly more, for tax)

Last edited by booklover6; 11-18-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Advert
Old 11-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #3
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Whoooo! I only need 14 more coins to buy a $2.99 app now.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #4
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm up to 330 coins now!
Old 11-18-2013, 01:00 PM   #5
tamborine
Connoisseur
tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Aura One, Kindle Fire HD
Thanks, Dreamwriter!
Advert
Old 11-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Cool, thanks a lot!

That brings me to 1250 coins. I'm waiting for the Audubon Field guides to go on sale.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-18-2013 at 01:26 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #7
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
These Coins can be redeemed for the purchase of eligible products through the Amazon Appstore (other apps). Promotional Coins expire on the last day of the calendar month one year after they're received.

You can learn more about Amazon Coins here. Information about purchasing additional coins can be found here.
Thank you...I have been wondering what these coins were about
Old 11-19-2013, 06:22 AM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Amazon gives first time Fire owners 500 free coins. This promo started last May when the coins were first offered and continues until the end of the year.

Amazon Coins - Promotion Terms

Quote:
Last updated: May 13, 2013

1. Limit one bundle of 500 promotional Amazon Coins per customer. If you already have a Kindle Fire and have received promotional coins, you will not receive additional coins with future Kindle Fire purchases.

2. Promotion is available only to U.S. customers.

3. Promotion expires December 31, 2013 at 11:59 PM PST.

4. Amazon Coins can only be used to purchase eligible products through the Amazon Appstore. Coins are not transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.

5. Your 500 Amazon Coins expire on the last day of the calendar month one year after we give them to you (for example, promotional Amazon Coins we give you on May 15 will expire on May 31 of the following year).

6. Your use of Amazon Coins is subject to the Amazon Coins Terms and Conditions and the Amazon Appstore for Android Terms of Use.

7. This promotion is void where prohibited by law.

8. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate or modify this promotion at any time without notice.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #9
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
It's still working, and it let me buy it (and gave me the coins) even though it claimed none of my devices were compatible with it! I do have a 1st gen Kindle Fire on my account, not sure if that makes a difference or not.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #10
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
It's still working, and it let me buy it (and gave me the coins) even though it claimed none of my devices were compatible with it! I do have a 1st gen Kindle Fire on my account, not sure if that makes a difference or not.
Glad you were able to get in on this, and thanks for letting us know! I just updated my original post to reflect that the offer's still valid.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:54 AM   #11
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Save your coins for Black Friday

Save up to 90% on select titles in the Amazon Appstore

Quote:
Throughout the holiday season, the Amazon Appstore will have hundreds of titles that are either free, as part of the Amazon Free App of the Day program, or available between 50% - 90% off. The deals will include popular titles like Super Why!, Where’s My Mickey, Monopoly, Angry Birds Star Wars II, NBA2K14, Wheel of Fortune and OfficeSuite Pro, among others. Starting on Black Friday and running through Cyber Monday, the Amazon Appstore will feature discounts on OfficeSuite Pro from $14.99 to $.99 and Wheel of Fortune from $2.99 to $.99 including a holiday update that is only available to Android customers via the Amazon Appstore for a limited time. Customers can find all the latest deals in the Amazon Appstore by visiting amazon.com/appstore.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #12
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
92% off polaris office today

biggest issue is that I have coins in my non-main acct. and no way to gift an app.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:42 PM   #13
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Get 250 Amazon Coins on your first Purchase of select Apps

edit: adding details

This promo works by giving 30 coins per $0.99 of the price plus 250 bonus coins for the first purchase of one of the qualifying apps (2,188 apps). Like you said, sorting by price will reveal the free apps (6 of them). Since they're free, they don't earn coins; but will earn 250 bonus coins when one of them is purchased. No matter how many of the 2,000+ apps you purchase, you only get the 250 bonus coins once. After that, you just earn the coins being offered for the individual apps -- 30 coins for a $0.99 app / 60 coins for a $1.99 app / 90 coins for a $2.99 app / 120 coins for a $3.99 app, etc.

Note: promo coins expire in a year, purchased coins never expire.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-21-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #14
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I just DL the game got the coins!! Still working!
Old 11-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #15
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
If you sort the list by price, there's some free apps. I tested by getting the free app J-Cheer. Even though it doesn't say anything about the promo, and didn't tell me it added the coins on the purchase confirmation page, my coin balance did go up by 250.

I tried buying another free one just to see if it really was a one-time-only thing or once-per-app and my balance didn't go up. 250 coins free is still 250 coins free though!
Closed Thread