Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-05-2012, 11:39 AM   #1
haohao2650
haohao2650 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3 ,paperwhite
Exclamation Development direction of kindle hacks on my view

I was wondering if there is any possibility to run android on our kindle device?who can tell me the Feasibility to Transplant android system to kindle device since kindle based on linux?
Is there any chance who can offer us an android system that let us to install whatever apps we want like nook touch(then We do not envy nook)?
if any hacker can offer us a system like that,i think it's easier to Develop apps for our kindle,that will benifit us a lot,thx for help
haohao2650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:41 AM   #2
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Bringing a kernel into proper shape for this is major integration work. Personally, I'm hesitant... But then I did not look into the Nook specs to tell if the platform is similar enough to start with its code base instead...
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2012, 11:45 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohao2650 View Post
I was wondering if there is any possibility to run android on our kindle device?who can tell me the Feasibility to Transplant android system to kindle device since kindle based on linux?
Is there any chance who can offer us an android system that let us to install whatever apps we want like nook touch(then We do not envy nook)?
if any hacker can offer us a system like that,i think it's easier to Develop apps for our kindle,that will benifit us a lot,thx for help
Let us know when you get your first port of Android ready to test.
I am sure there are people here that would be willing to test your work.

In general, the only work done here is what the person doing the work is interested in themselves.

Although you might be able to find someone here willing to do your custom software request(s) "for hire". Post money, see what happens.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:51 AM   #4
haohao2650

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Let us know when you get your first port of Android ready to test.
I am sure there are people here that would be willing to test your work.

In general, the only work done here is what the person doing the work is interested in themselves.

Although you might be able to find someone here willing to do your custom software request(s) "for hire". Post money, see what happens.
sorry,i am new here and not very clear about the style here
but i am not asking ,i just share my thought and hope it can do any help for the developer~
Old 10-05-2012, 11:57 AM   #5
haohao2650

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
Bringing a kernel into proper shape for this is major integration work. Personally, I'm hesitant... But then I did not look into the Nook specs to tell if the platform is similar enough to start with its code base instead...
sorry,i don't understand complicated sentence pattern,can you give me some easier word to explain the last sentence?
Advert
Old 10-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #6
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
he is saying that "maybe the hardware in the two devices is similar enough to try developing from the Nook Code base".

That means: maybe they (The Nook and the Kindle) use the same things inside to run.

so maybe it could be closer to "just working" using the other set of code. Or not.

Last edited by twobob; 10-05-2012 at 12:07 PM. Reason: more details
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #7
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohao2650 View Post
sorry,i don't understand complicated sentence pattern,can you give me some easier word to explain the last sentence?
hawhill means that he does know if the Nook Simple Touch eink tablet has similar enough hardware to make it easier to port android to the kindles by using the Nook GPL source code instead of the raw android code base.

@twobob: You beat me to the punch. Ouch!
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:12 PM   #8
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Somehow I did not read that in your post.

But being new here, you might not know that this forum does get a lot of requests for custom software in the "do this for me" posts.
Sorry that I thought your post was another one of those "do this for me" posts.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:16 PM   #9
haohao2650

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
hawhill means that he does know if the Nook Simple Touch eink tablet has similar enough hardware to make it easier to port android to the kindles by using the Nook GPL source code instead of the raw android code base.

@twobob: You beat me to the punch. Ouch!
thx for help,that question confuse me too
Old 10-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #10
haohao2650

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Somehow I did not read that in your post.

But being new here, you might not know that this forum does get a lot of requests for custom software in the "do this for me" posts.
Sorry that I thought your post was another one of those "do this for me" posts.
I think it‘s not polite for the makers and hackers(maybe i don't get proper word)if i do things like that,and i am not mean by that way
Old 10-05-2012, 12:26 PM   #11
haohao2650

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
he is saying that "maybe the hardware in the two devices is similar enough to try developing from the Nook Code base".

That means: maybe they (The Nook and the Kindle) use the same things inside to run.

so maybe it could be closer to "just working" using the other set of code. Or not.
thx~