Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 07-29-2010, 08:36 AM   #1
Gorazd
Edge User

Just newbie stupid or There is something wrong with Edge?!?

Hi there, I am new to this comunity and very glad that I finaly got my edge here in Europe...BUT...

It seems that there are still a lot of bugs here and undefined things around apps and how all these should work. Maybe I am just to new and dont know how to handle edge, so I would need some help here please.

First of all My edge is based on Badger Software Releases. When I click on "update now" my edge say that it is up to date BUT I still cant play any youtube videos or any other videos on any web site at all.

Last upade say that there is an app FlashLite BUT my edge does not have one installed!!

Some pdf files do not open images within!?!!? Why is that? Can someone check if this document show pictures on his edge and let me know:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/13232114/A...the-World-Grid

Old 08-18-2010, 07:28 PM   #2
shinkamui
Edge User

use the golden update, and then try to update the eDGe using the auto updater to Coyote. That will likely resolve the problems you're having sans the youtube problem. For that, see this thread: http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...ull=1#post7688

Advert
Old 08-28-2010, 05:38 PM   #3
Bosje52
Edge User

@ shinkamui: what do you mean with 'golden update'? And how do I have to do that? I have my EE for 2 days now (I'm from the Netherlands), and have read a lot of it, but never read something about a golden update.
In the link above I don't see anything of that update. Please can you help me?

Old 08-28-2010, 05:53 PM   #4
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Contact tech support for a link. It is a download that will reset everything.

Old 08-28-2010, 06:05 PM   #5
Bosje52
Edge User

And is it wise to do this update or more safe to wait for the update coming on the 31th of August?

Advert
Old 08-28-2010, 06:57 PM   #6
aidren
Edge User

Quote:
Some pdf files do not open images within!?!!? Why is that? Can someone check if this document show pictures on his edge and let me know:
Pdf files have to be PDF 1.4 (Acrobat v5.0) to be compatible with Adobe Reader (which is the reader software used on the edge). This is an Adobe thing, not a bug. If you have Acrobat Pro you can change this by optimizing to that version. I don't know of another way to do this, yet. There may be an online facility that can be used. Perhaps Cheyenne, NiaTrue or someone else would know.

In the meantime, I converted this for you and am uploading it to my scribd account, although Scribd seems to be converting it. So, I will check that out before I post the link.

Here it is

http://www.scribd.com/doc/36563470/A...ity-World-Grid

Last edited by aidren; 08-28-2010 at 07:05 PM.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:30 AM   #7
keng2000
Edge User

I think this problem is announced the fix in new firmware.