Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 07-22-2010, 05:19 PM   #1
Rina
Edge User

Podkast app problem: I can start audio, but can't stop it! :)

I downloaded the Podkast app today. I found a series I like, and started playing one of the episodes (live, not downloaded). Then I wanted to stop it, and found that I couldn't get back to any interface of any kind.

The pull-down Android menu showed that it was playing, but wouldn't give me any controls... The Menu button didn't bring up any options... I couldn't re-open the Podkast app... Meanwhile the episode kept playing merrily in the background. I finally shut down my eDGe to save battery power.

Any ideas? What am I missing?
Thanks!

Old 07-22-2010, 06:57 PM   #2
OncTech
Edge User

I never could get that program working right, and I didn't like that it's not a real podcast program (you cannot add your own RSS feeds)

If you're interested, here is a link to the APK for dPod, a program by droidbolts that works like a conventional podcatcher and is much more stable. I got it from the Market and then made a tweak to make it run full screen.http://www.mediafire.com/?yc2bc5z95wale5v

Advert