Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-27-2016, 05:16 AM   #1
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
Introduce Your Pets!

I guess most of the MR community is obsessed with their pets. Be it a dog or cat, a bird or a bunny or whatever it may be. Pets have their own importance in the daily life of most of us. Therefore I thought to start a thread in these holidays to encourage our members to introduce us with their pets, sharing their photographs and telling us something about them. They may be your present pets or past ones you lived with before.

To begin with, I am introducing my two dogs we presently have.

This is Miss Nikki. She is a Pomeranian, 8 inches tall and 11 years of age.

This is Mr. Spike, a German Shepherd, 8 years old. As dumb as a dodo and as deadly as a crocodile if someone jumps over our fence.

He might be the Hulk of 32 kgs, but he knows well...

...that She is the Boss!

And She knows it too! Yes, she is the boss!

So friends, while enjoying your holidays with your pets, please take time to introduce them here. BTW, a contact of mine in Brazil has a pet python!

PS: I'll soon post more about my cats and dogs we had in the past.
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 09:41 AM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Cassie and Trinket my kitties

I have two older kitties. Cassie is 16 years old and Trinket is 13 years old. They are both still in good health. Cassie is slim and trim with a lot of energy and attitude and a high metabolism. Trinket eats the same amount of food as Cassie but she is an obese kitty! She was my sister's cat before I adopted her a few years ago. Donna says she was slim and trim with a lot of energy until she got fixed, then she became a couch potato and put on weight. Cassie rules the roost BTW. Cassie never shuts up as she is always yapping about something. Trinket is quiet but lovable.

Cassie and Trinket at the food dispenser. Cassie makes Trinket sit at the side and wait until she finishes. Trinket is allowed to reach into the bowl and retrieve a piece a food.

Cassie posing for the camera. The little drama queen.

Trinket with her Mini Me.

Trinket doing her impression of road kill. She is a big girl, but healthy!

Last edited by jswinden; 12-27-2016 at 09:43 AM.
Old 12-27-2016, 09:37 PM   #3
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Ezekiel

This is my dog, Zeke
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zeke 2011.02.04 B small.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	153814  
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 01:19 AM   #4
Phyllis41
Wizardess
Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Galaxy Note 3
My Parrots, Pete and Sally!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC6516516.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	153815  
Phyllis41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 03:56 PM   #5
bshar489
Addict
bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Fire HD8
This is Hunter, beagle extraordinaire He is 8 years old and has been making my life interesting (and complete) for 5 of those years.

Bergette
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	hunter 0712152.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	153843   Click image for larger version

Name:	hunteratlakemichiganpic.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	153844  
bshar489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 09:48 PM   #6
74Cuda
MaxPuppy Rules
74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 8.9 HDX Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Acer A200
This is MaxPuppy who isn't. He's raelly almost 10 now but I still call him MaxPuppy more often than Max. Somehow it fits better.
74Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 10:06 PM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by 74Cuda View Post
This is MaxPuppy who isn't. He's raelly almost 10 now but I still call him MaxPuppy more often than Max. Somehow it fits better.
Pretty sharp looking for an invisible puppy
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 10:22 PM   #8
74Cuda
MaxPuppy Rules
74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 8.9 HDX Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Acer A200
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Pretty sharp looking for an invisible puppy
*blink blink* I see him. Am I the only one?
74Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 11:35 PM   #9
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
I like pigs. Dogs look up to you; cats look down on you; pigs treat you as equals.

Winston Churchill
Just saying...
Old 12-29-2016, 11:51 PM   #10
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74Cuda View Post
*blink blink* I see him. Am I the only one?
Old 12-30-2016, 08:30 AM   #11
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
You must have signatures turned off.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 11:32 AM   #12
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
You must have signatures turned off.
Ahh, so that's where it is; and yep, sigs are turned off.
Old 12-30-2016, 05:13 PM   #13
bshar489
Addict
bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Fire HD8
Thanks, drjd

Just wanted to say thanks for starting this thread. I've loved seeing the pics and hope there will be more to come. In the meantime, an early Happy New Year to you and your furry and/or feathery friends.

Bergette
bshar489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 02:54 AM   #14
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshar489 View Post
Just wanted to say thanks for starting this thread. I've loved seeing the pics and hope there will be more to come. In the meantime, an early Happy New Year to you and your furry and/or feathery friends.

Bergette
You are welcome, Bergette!

The thread has started rolling and I expect to see and get introduced with lot many furry friends after the holidays are over and people return to their normal life.
Cheers and Happy new year to you meanwhile.
Old 01-08-2017, 06:17 AM   #15
drjd
The Couch Potato

While browsing through my family photographs' folder, I just found the memories of my sweetest kitten, Matiz, who lived with us around 12 years back.