Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-23-2011, 10:51 AM   #16
lilywhite
lilywhite doesn't litterlilywhite doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
I am having the same problem - an error every time I try to Fetch Metadata. I'm using calibre on the same machine I always have, with no changes to software, firewalls, anything at all. It's just stopped working, as of yesterday.
lilywhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:24 AM   #17
lilywhite
lilywhite doesn't litterlilywhite doesn't litter

Found my problem and fixed. Not sure if it will help anyone else, but here's what happened:

Yesterday I was happily typing along in another program when my firewall generated a popup from the systray. Because it automatically went "on top" (I'm sure everyone is familiar with this maddening circumstance) and I was typing furiously in another program, I made a change to the firewall without knowing what it was. A quick check in the firewall settings didn't seem to reveal any problem so I let it go.

Just now I tried to email myself a book from calibre, and when that failed I reasoned that the firewall must have blocked calibre's internet access. Sure enough, a slower, more careful survey of the firewall settings revealed that this was the case. Gave calibre full access again and all is fine.

Thanks so much for this great program!
lilywhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2011, 11:54 AM   #18
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

manipulating metadata

oops...wrong place...
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote