Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-13-2009, 01:08 AM   #46
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
I've had enough coffee to keep three elephants awake, and its nearing 6am....christ, I didn't realise how late it was
Holy cow! Are you usually a wrong-side-of-sunriser, or is the epub news?

Too many times I've seen the sun come up through bloodshot eyes this week
No matter what I do since we broke up I find it hard to sleep
The room is spinning from too many drinks I've drunken by myself
I know that staying here and drinking beer is no good for my health
What is there left to do
But to drink and watch the view
I think that it might rain this afternoon
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:09 AM   #47
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
Holy cow! Are you usually a wrong-side-of-sunriser, or is the epub news?

Too many times I've seen the sun come up through bloodshot eyes this week
No matter what I do since we broke up I find it hard to sleep
The room is spinning from too many drinks I've drunken by myself
I know that staying here and drinking beer is no good for my health
What is there left to do
But to drink and watch the view
I think that it might rain this afternoon
Oh yeh, I like working at night more than in the day...everything just seems to make much more sense after midnight But the ePub news has kept me up, that an editing, and making a little movie for when i finally get around to publishing all these damn novels and short story collections and...well, there's not enough hours in the day
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:11 AM   #48
Kess
Enthusiast
Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Oh yeh, I like working at night more than in the day...everything just seems to make much more sense after midnight But the ePub news has kept me up, that an editing, and making a little movie for when i finally get around to publishing all these damn novels and short story collections and...well, there's not enough hours in the day
Ah, a nightowl after my own heart! Sadly, my schedule doesn't allow me to indulge. Definitely wish there were more hours in the day.

~Kess / Mel
Kess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:12 AM   #49
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kess View Post
Ah, a nightowl after my own heart! Sadly, my schedule doesn't allow me to indulge. Definitely wish there were more hours in the day.

~Kess / Mel
Sometimes you've just got to phone your boss up and tell him you've contracted the Swine Flu
Old 08-13-2009, 02:10 AM   #50
Kess
Enthusiast
Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Sometimes you've just got to phone your boss up and tell him you've contracted the Swine Flu
Tempting! But they just gave me a promotion, so I'd better not.

What I need is more minions. Mmm, yes. Minions.

~Kess / Mel
Old 08-13-2009, 04:15 AM   #51
Reyben
Connoisseur
Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Erm... None.
I'm just discovering all those extra hours of the day that you find if you just don't go to sleep. The down side of giving up sleep is of course THE SPIDERS THE SPIDERS THE SPIDERS GET THE SPIDERS OFF OF ME THE SPIDERS OH GOD AAAARGH!

Sorry, that happens sometimes.

Quote:
everything just seems to make much more sense after midnight
Yes... in much the same way that everything seems to make much more sense immediatly after heavy drinking, substance abuse, concussion and long sessions of analytic philosophy. Could there be some sort of link?

Quote:
Probably not a good idea if you work for the government. It's never nice to wake up the next morning and find your house surrounded by men with haz-mat suits and flamethrowers.

And we all need more minions. There must be some kind of recruitment service out there, somewhere.
Reyben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:18 AM   #52
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyben View Post
I'm just discovering all those extra hours of the day that you find if you just don't go to sleep. The down side of giving up sleep is of course THE SPIDERS THE SPIDERS THE SPIDERS GET THE SPIDERS OFF OF ME THE SPIDERS OH GOD AAAARGH!
Mmmm. My toddler found ALL of those in his first year. The hours, that is, the spiders didn't seem to appear to him. I am now UTTERLY over the whole don't-sleep-for-days thing. Only fun when it's voluntary!
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:13 PM   #53
AceTachyon
Writer of SF/F Pulp Adven
AceTachyon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AceTachyon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AceTachyon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AceTachyon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AceTachyon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AceTachyon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AceTachyon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AceTachyon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AceTachyon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AceTachyon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AceTachyon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyben View Post
And we all need more minions. There must be some kind of recruitment service out there, somewhere.
um...minions.com?
AceTachyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:18 PM   #54
Moejoe
Banned

Okely dokely dandely doo. Here's the final versions and the last covers I'll be doing for awhile, have to get back to finishing off some writing
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	APOCALYPSEBLOG2scratchorange.png
Views:	313
Size:	795.2 KB
ID:	34182   Click image for larger version

Name:	APOCALYPSEBLOG2scratch2.png
Views:	307
Size:	305.9 KB
ID:	34183  
Old 08-13-2009, 07:11 PM   #55
Kess
Enthusiast

Quote:
Okely dokely dandely doo. Here's the final versions and the last covers I'll be doing for awhile, have to get back to finishing off some writing
They look fantastic. Thank you so much! I appreciate your work.

~Kess / Mel
Old 08-13-2009, 07:12 PM   #56
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
They look fantastic. Thank you so much! I appreciate your work.

~Kess / Mel

No problems, hope they help out and I'll whip up some web graphics and the like once I've wrapped up a couple of my own projects
Old 08-13-2009, 07:23 PM   #57
Kess
Enthusiast

Quote:
No problems, hope they help out and I'll whip up some web graphics and the like once I've wrapped up a couple of my own projects
Sweet! I'll let you know the details once you're free to do that.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:31 AM   #58
Kess
Enthusiast

Finally got around to bouncing on my blog about the cover. Lookit! http://writer.apocalypseblog.com/apocalypse-blog-cover/

Moejoe - if you want a different/additional link on there to your stuff, just let me know.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:37 AM   #59
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Finally got around to bouncing on my blog about the cover. Lookit! http://writer.apocalypseblog.com/apocalypse-blog-cover/

Moejoe - if you want a different/additional link on there to your stuff, just let me know.
That's ace, thanks If it wouldn't be any trouble, could you post a link to my blog as well? Here's the link http://pauljohnlyon.wordpress.com/
Old 08-20-2009, 03:01 AM   #60
derrell
Jack O' Apes
derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Nokia N810, EZ-Reader, HTC Droid Incredible, Archos 70
Quote:
Hello everyone!

Apocalypse Blog - the blogfic
Adventures in Text - my writing blog
These two links don't work. Looks like you left out a paren in the url tags.

Enjoyed the story so far but its leaning a little too much toward feelings and insight to self for me to really get into it but I'll freely admit thats my penchant for more zombie head bashing. I'm interested to find out how you will deal with the food situation eventually.

Last edited by derrell; 08-20-2009 at 03:06 AM.
derrell is offline   Reply With Quote