Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-27-2009, 11:58 AM   #1
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Lightbulb Show & Tell (Show us your handiwork and tell us about it)

OK - Let's see if this thread survives for long.

Many of you have been talking about needing a thread to show our handiwork, talents and interests (aside from reading), and since I haven't started a thread in a long time, I figured I'd give it a go.

If this thread topic has already been started, I apologize, and any Mod feel free to delete this one. I looked and couldn't find one, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I know we have many talented members here and we'd love to see each other's creations.

Time to show off.
Name:  snoopy10.gif
Views: 970
Size:  9.5 KB
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:07 PM   #2
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
All right Lady Blue, you started it so don't you have any examples of your creativity?
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:18 PM   #3
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
All right Lady Blue, you started it so don't you have any examples of your creativity?
Okay, I'll show my first attempt years ago at a Teddy Bear type thing. I've made many different bears after this one, but we always think most fondly of our first, I think. And yes, he does have an entire body (including legs); I just can't find a photo of his whole self.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Brown Teddy_1.jpg
Views:	629
Size:	421.4 KB
ID:	29858

This is NOT my only interest.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:33 PM   #4
JAdams
SamIam
JAdams doesn't litterJAdams doesn't litterJAdams doesn't litter

Device: iPad, K3, Kindle PW, Kindle Fire HDX
What a cute bear !!
JAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:59 PM   #5
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Since he might not do it himself, I'll point you to Yvanlereallyreallyterrible's handiwork with wood (or is it playdough - I seem to have forgotten). Anyway, he recently posted an example of his marquetry and has since kindly placed this image in the album on his profile page. Personally, I think it's just fabulous.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/alb...pictureid=1545
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:08 PM   #6
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Since he might not do it himself, I'll point you to Yvanlereallyreallyterrible's handiwork with wood (or is it playdough - I seem to have forgotten). Anyway, he recently posted an example of his marquetry and has since kindly placed this image in the album on his profile page. Personally, I think it's just fabulous.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/alb...pictureid=1545
I saw that when he first posted it. It's beautiful work (I personally love wood work.) Maybe he'll be kind enough to post more of his art here as well.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:23 PM   #7
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Here are a couple of bracelets I have made. Nothing like Yvan's work but it keeps me out of the malls!

There are a few more pics on my personal page and some pics of Shannon's work, as well.

kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:48 PM   #8
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
Here are a couple of bracelets I have made. Nothing like Yvan's work but it keeps me out of the malls!

There are a few more pics on my personal page and some pics of Shannon's work, as well.
Very pretty and sparkly.

But don't you still have to go to the mall for the parts (maybe)?
Old 05-27-2009, 02:51 PM   #9
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post

Oh Kaz, those are beautiful! I'm almost ashamed to show any of mine. Almost. The green one is an aventurine that I mined myself in NC. The red one is a chrysanthemum stone cabachon that I bought.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Aventurine Pendant 1a.JPG
Views:	459
Size:	438.2 KB
ID:	29875   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chrysanthemum Stone Pendant 2.JPG
Views:	429
Size:	483.8 KB
ID:	29876  
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:55 PM   #10
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
Okay, I'll show my first attempt years ago at a Teddy Bear type thing. I've made many different bears after this one, but we always think most fondly of our first, I think. And yes, he does have an entire body (including legs); I just can't find a photo of his whole self.

This is NOT my only interest.
So cute! My mom made teddy bears also. She did the state fair crafts exhibitions and was upber competitive! With all of her handicrafts, I honestly think her real hobby was collecting blue ribbons.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:02 PM   #11
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one

This was my daughter's first attempt at beading when she was around 17. She designed it herself and tried to make it in an American Indian style. She'd never even threaded a needle before this. Go figure.

Name:	Indian Necklace.jpg
Views:	599
Size:	413.3 KB
ID:	29877

It looks much nicer hanging or being worn than it does lying on a flat surface.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:06 PM   #12
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Oh Kaz, those are beautiful! I'm almost ashamed to show any of mine. Almost. The green one is an aventurine that I mined myself in NC. The red one is a chrysanthemum stone cabachon that I bought.
These are really nice. I like them both but I like the metal work and butterfly on the red one. Nice touch.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:10 PM   #13
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
This was my daughter's first attempt at beading when she was around 17. She designed it herself and tried to make it in an American Indian style. She'd never even threaded a needle before this. Go figure.

It looks much nicer hanging or being worn than it does lying on a flat surface.
Lovely! It looks like something I would expect to spend a lot of money on in Taos.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:16 PM   #14
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
OK I guess I will be the first geeky entry. Hope this is ok.

As I say in my signature I live with a number (currently 6) of semi autonomous robots. They are mostly built out of stock parts from hobby shops or robotics websites but all have custom programming and some of the electronics are designed and made by myself.

The yellow one in the picture below is probably the oldest one I currently have being somewhere between 10 to 15 years old. That one was an experiment in programming an artifical insect.

The red one is more recent. He has bluetooth for digital communications (with my PC and subsequently my lights and appliances), a voice for vocal communication, a digital compass and PID motor control for navigation and sonar and IR for collision avoidance. Oh and the cat loves to play with him because he reacts to moving objects. Again all custom code.

Right that's my geeky Show and Tell, sorry they are not pretty but it is what I do when I am not reading.

Pev
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CIMG1461 (Medium).JPG
Views:	449
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	29878   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG1462 (Medium).JPG
Views:	429
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	29879  
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:18 PM   #15
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Ladies,

All of your jewellery is so beautiful. Totally stunning

Thank you fro sharing it.

Pev

(And I love the bear too but that's not a manly thing to admit )
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote