Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 03-14-2009, 08:07 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
about MobileRead page in the wiki

I've started one. When we have a high profile post (like the most recent one), I think we should have a link at the end of the post to this page. We could also give it to new members.

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/About_mobileread

Does anyone want to suggest content for the page?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:05 AM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Mobileread.com does NOT sell books.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:30 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I've started one. When we have a high profile post (like the most recent one), I think we should have a link at the end of the post to this page. We could also give it to new members.

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/About_mobileread

Does anyone want to suggest content for the page?

"We are a world wide forum, with members representing all makes of e-book reader devices known.

Our Mission? To help members obtain the best device for them, not the most popular or heavily advertised.

To help you learn about your device, with questions answered by friendly, knowledgeable people.

If we don't have the answer to your question, we'll try and point you in the right direction. "
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:34 AM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
"We are a world wide forum, with members representing all makes of e-book reader devices known.

Our Mission? To help members obtain the best device for them, not the most popular or heavily advertised.

To help you learn about your device, with questions answered by friendly, knowledgeable people.

If we don't have the answer to your question, we'll try and point you in the right direction. "
May I use this as the intro? It's perfect.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:52 AM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
May I use this as the intro? It's perfect.
Absolutely........I am honored!
Old 03-15-2009, 12:25 PM   #6
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Why not just put that introductory paragraph directly onto the Wiki main page, where the current 'pink' highlighted text is ? (btw.... well done dg (greendom coming up I foresee))
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:52 PM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
(btw.... well done dg (greendom coming up I foresee))
She'd have to retire the big stick first.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:48 PM   #8
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Why not just put that introductory paragraph directly onto the Wiki main page, where the current 'pink' highlighted text is ?
The front page of the Wiki serves a different purpose. It does it well, and should not be changed.

I want to follow up dg's part with several short paragraphs that talk about the informal device support, where to find news, ebooks you can download, format conversion help, software reader support, and the various guides that can be found here.

I'm still writing it, btu once I have the draft done I will post it and everyone can improve it.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:57 PM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
At the bottom of the page in the wiki (on every page) there is an about MobileRead. This currently is a link to a page on MobileRead but it could easily be redirected to your page once you get it done.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:34 PM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
(btw.... well done dg (greendom coming up I foresee))

Nope, not me.

I'm having too much fun.............
Old 03-16-2009, 08:02 AM   #11
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Nope, not me.

I'm having too much fun.............

From what I've seen around this place, the Greens have waaayyyyy too much fun .... so you'll not feel left out ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote