Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 02-18-2009, 12:36 PM   #46
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh, Why Not? View Post
I haven't had Spam in probably fifty years--I think I'll put it on my shopping list. (I do get too much of the other kind).
How can something so wonderful in a can be so horrible on my email?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:38 PM   #47
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
The original Spam wasn't too bad. But my school used to serve a very inferior pink "luncheon meat" which was utterly disgusting: a salty, fatty solidified pink slurry, with a layer of congealed fat rather than meat jelly.

In the 70s you could buy luncheon meat very cheaply in supermarkets; so pensioners, students and other poorer people would make fritters, curries and other dishes, in a desperate attempt to disguise the pink unpleasantness. This is the stuff that was made from reclaimed meat from the less palatable parts of a carcass. With all that salt and saturated fat, and cholesterol it must be dreadfully unhealthy.
Now, I don't mind unhealthy food occasionally, but it has to taste good. Luncheon meat doesn't. So I never touch the stuff.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:13 PM   #48
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
The original Spam wasn't too bad. But my school used to serve a very inferior pink "luncheon meat" which was utterly disgusting: a salty, fatty solidified pink slurry, with a layer of congealed fat rather than meat jelly.

In the 70s you could buy luncheon meat very cheaply in supermarkets; so pensioners, students and other poorer people would make fritters, curries and other dishes, in a desperate attempt to disguise the pink unpleasantness. This is the stuff that was made from reclaimed meat from the less palatable parts of a carcass. With all that salt and saturated fat, and cholesterol it must be dreadfully unhealthy.
Now, I don't mind unhealthy food occasionally, but it has to taste good. Luncheon meat doesn't. So I never touch the stuff.
Oh Bad Memories Resurfacing!

I remember that stuff! When it was heated, the meat-colored glue dissolved and it sort of fell apart.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:58 PM   #49
readingrocks!
x
readingrocks! doesn't litterreadingrocks! doesn't litter

Device: None
Misplaced comment

Last edited by readingrocks!; 02-21-2009 at 07:52 PM.
readingrocks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:23 AM   #50
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
I like Spam salad, courtesy of my ex mother in law, who got me addicted to it. DG, are you hitting the road in the Behemoth? And if so, are you coming up to the Frozen North? (aka Illinois) If so, take a detour down the Lincoln Trail and I'll meet you somewhere...
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:14 AM   #51
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:

They used to come fried in batter at school.....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:51 PM   #52
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
They used to come fried in batter at school.....
No wonder you became a vegetarian then, Geoff.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:33 AM   #53
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
No wonder you became a vegetarian then, Geoff.
No, I'm afraid I can't blame that one on school.....(and we're actually the next step over - Vegan).
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote