Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-10-2008, 09:23 AM   #1
GeoLib
GeoLib doesn't litterGeoLib doesn't litterGeoLib doesn't litter

Device: Hanlin V3
Saludos desde Madrid

After a long time reading lots of useful information here I've overcome my shyness to say "Hello" and "Thank you" for all the effort you're doing with uploading books and all sorts of information about readers.
I bought my Hanlin a couple of months ago and just love it. Just like most people in the forum I've always been an avid reader. One of the things I love about it is having such an easy access to so many books in English. Lately I try not to read translations of books no one else in the family would read and now that is just a click away as oppossed to finding an english bookshop and usually ordering those books I want.
I'm more of a listener than a talker, so I'll keep reading (listening) to all of you and learning. Please forgive any mistakes, but I don't practice my English as much as I used to.
GeoLib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:44 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoLib View Post
After a long time reading lots of useful information here I've overcome my shyness to say "Hello" and "Thank you" for all the effort you're doing with uploading books and all sorts of information about readers.
I bought my Hanlin a couple of months ago and just love it. Just like most people in the forum I've always been an avid reader. One of the things I love about it is having such an easy access to so many books in English. Lately I try not to read translations of books no one else in the family would read and now that is just a click away as oppossed to finding an english bookshop and usually ordering those books I want.
I'm more of a listener than a talker, so I'll keep reading (listening) to all of you and learning. Please forgive any mistakes, but I don't practice my English as much as I used to.
Saludos desde Arizona, USA.
No puedo hablar espanol muy bueno, pero quiero hacer "Hola!"
Bienvenidos.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2008, 01:39 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi GeoLib and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:13 PM   #4
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Hola tambien, desde Chicago, USA!

My espanol es de escuela -- treinte anos (ago) -- y es muy muy malo. Y pequeno. Pero, hola y feliz navidad!

Hope that wasn't too butchered. I remember some words, but very few tenses. There are some real Spanish speakers here, though, if you ever need translation help!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:00 AM   #5
GeoLib

Thank you everyone for your welcome. Apart from the chance to talk about books in general and ebooks in particular, an important reason for joining has been the great opportunity to practice English. I try to read as much in English as I can, but writing is also a very good practice and here there's ample occasion.
badgoodDeb, I’m amazed you can remember anything at all. For me it’s a constant struggle not to forget and if possible increase my English. Hopefully I won’t have problems with translations, but I wanted to apologize in advance if, as you said, I butchered it a little. It may take me longer to post as I’d like to express myself clearly enough but I’d like to be part of such a wonderful community.
Advert
Old 12-11-2008, 03:11 PM   #6
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
So far, you haven't butchered anything. Your English is WAY better than my Spanish!

And I agree ... chocolate is the answer no matter what the question is.

Oh, and I love your avatar!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:02 PM   #7
leandroide
Zealot
leandroide has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Papyre 6.1 (Hanlin V3)
Hi, GeoLib, and welcome!

Like you, I like reading in english and ebook ereaders give me the chance to learn and keep my english alive.

But I'm afraid that I'm a better butcherer than you!

Regards,

L.
leandroide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:17 PM   #8
Napoleon
Master of the Universe
Napoleon is on a distinguished road

Device: Irex Iliad 2/e
Hola Geolib! Bienvenido al foro!
Como debes estar descubriendo, hay muchos mas hispanoparlantes aqui de los que te imaginabas en un principio. Y lo mejor de todo es que no importa en que lengua, queremos comunicanos!

Un saludo desde Paris,
Napoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:20 PM   #9
Napoleon
Master of the Universe
Napoleon is on a distinguished road

Device: Irex Iliad 2/e
[now in english]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
Hola Geolib! Bienvenido al foro!
Como debes estar descubriendo, hay muchos mas hispanoparlantes aqui de los que te imaginabas en un principio. Y lo mejor de todo es que no importa en que lengua, queremos comunicanos!

Un saludo desde Paris,

Hi Geolib! Welcome to the forum!
As you may be discovering now, there are a lot more spanish speakers than you would have imagined in the first place. The best of all is that no matter in which language, we just wanna comunicate!

Greetings from Paris,
Napoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:52 PM   #10
GeoLib

Gracias, thanks again to all of you for your welcome.
badgoodDeb, when I was thinking about joining MR I started to look for avatars and when I found this one, it was clear. If I managed to read while walking, that would be me.
As for chocolate, I wish it just were the answer to some of the questions I get asked daily or those answers were so easy to find. And of course, I love it (which is something I think I have in common with some people here). My favourite is from this shop in Madrid: http://www.cacaosampaka.com/index.html