Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 10-30-2013, 10:09 AM   #16
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
I did take it with me to a doctor's appointment the other day. When we were done with all the 'doctor' stuff, he asked me, "What's that little thing you were looking at when I walked in -- is it some kind of mini-computer?"

So, we sat there for another 10 minutes or so as I showed him all the neat stuff we can do on the PE. The two screens impressed him -- as did the audio volume and video quality (which I admit isn't the best, but totally watchable).
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:50 AM   #17
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
..."What's that little thing you were looking at when I walked in -- is it some kind of mini-computer?" So, we sat there for another 10 minutes or so as I showed him all the neat stuff we can do on the PE...
Similiar experiences when out and about with the PE. Being RED it gets noticed.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:26 PM   #18
helf
Zealot
helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe, Entourage eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Heh. I get asked about mine every time I pull them out. I've been tempted to buy one of those lots of broken in various ways PEs that pop up on ebay from time to time for like $50.
helf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:24 AM   #19
helf
Zealot
helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe, Entourage eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrye View Post
Well, the club, as diminished as it might be, is waiting for your successful solution.....

Good luck...

Now if we could only upgrade the processor and the operating system, ah dreams....
Success! Updated the 64gb thread with info and pics. I dunno what was going on before but I have 120GB of storage available on my EE now
helf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:27 PM   #20
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE,3 PEs,HP Pro Slate12.2,&Kindle Paperwhite,GalaxyTabPro12.2,Note 4
I guess that the EE is too big and heavy to travel with, considering that the Kindle Paper-white weighs about the same as a corn flake, but the PE's can still travel. Now that I have the Note 2 (soon to be a Note 3) I think that the eDGes will have to stop long distance traveling. Traveling around Rio does elicit some interesting comments and questions for the PE though...

Aldiko on the Note 2 is very readable, the video even though about 15% smaller is HD
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:10 PM   #21
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
Similiar experiences when out and about with the PE. Being RED it gets noticed.
Red RED Red

Red RED Red
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:05 AM   #22
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I guess that the EE is too big and heavy to travel with, considering that the Kindle Paper-white weighs about the same as a corn flake, but the PE's can still travel.
I attempted in the beginning to replace my travel work laptop with an EE, but needed the data on the laptop. Though when I do not need the laptop the EE goes, but less and less frequently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glow View Post
Red RED Red Red RED Red
EE is red also!
Old 11-01-2013, 11:32 AM   #23
Gerrye
Zealot

Quote:
I attempted in the beginning to replace my travel work laptop with an EE, but needed the data on the laptop. Though when I do not need the laptop the EE goes, but less and less frequently.

EE is red also!
If I could find a Microsoft Office for Android, I could probably do everything with the Note 2. I tried using Kingston Office, but not being able to save in docx or xlsx, killed it...

Last edited by Gerrye; 11-01-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #24
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak

Quote:
If I could find a Microsoft Office for Android, I could probably do everything with the Note 2. I tried using Kingston Office, but not being able to save in docx or xlsx, killed it...
Officesuite Pro
Old 11-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #25
Gerrye
Zealot

Talking

Quote:
Officesuite Pro
Thanks, I`ll take a look...

I think I got that in an offer from the Android store on Amazon a few years ago... maybe I can double dip...
Old 11-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #26
Gerrye
Zealot

Quote:
Thanks, I`ll take a look...

I think I got that in an offer from the Android store on Amazon a few years ago... maybe I can double dip...
I got lucky with the Amazon Apps store... the freebie OfficeSuites 7 Pro downloaded and worked...

Now the Note 2 is FF, except for Access, but we forge on ahead anyway...

Thanks for the tip!!
Old 11-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #27
Gerrye
Zealot

128 gb SD card

Quote:
Originally Posted by helf View Post
Success! Updated the 64gb thread with info and pics. I dunno what was going on before but I have 120GB of storage available on my EE now
Great I`ll find the link and take a look...

Thanks
Old 11-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #28
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak

Quote:
I got lucky with the Amazon Apps store... the freebie OfficeSuites 7 Pro downloaded and worked...

Now the Note 2 is FF, except for Access, but we forge on ahead anyway...

Thanks for the tip!!