Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #1
brainvision
Connoisseur
brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet, Kindle Paperwhite
Question 2 authors and the folder structure

Hi everybody here!

I'm still new to Calibre as I'm using it since a week but only into last two days I really started to add and edit books to my library; and soon I wanted to ask some questions here in the forum, but then I thought it was better to try by myself to solve my doubt.. and so I did..
but there's still something I don't understand, actually..
I'm adding a lot of Vertigo's comics: as comics they have a writer and an artist.. and I'm saving both of them into the Author field (but I also add 2 custom field for each one); all is fine, except the fact that I noticed that the folder structure of the library only show the first author!!
I know that the folder structure of Calibre cannot be changed and I don't want to change it: I only want to know if I'm missing something or this is the normal behaviour of Calibre..

Thank you all for paying attention,
see you soon!!
brainvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:42 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainvision View Post
I know that the folder structure of Calibre cannot be changed and I don't want to change it: I only want to know if I'm missing something or this is the normal behaviour of Calibre..
It's normal.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:52 PM   #3
brainvision
Connoisseur
brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks AnemicOak for your reply..

OK, so it's normal. But 'till now I always add ebooks with only one (or wrong data) author into his own field; what if the ebook still has metadata with both authors
Old 08-10-2012, 12:10 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
We probably should refer you to https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=119175.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:29 AM   #5
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Thanks AnemicOak for your reply..

OK, so it's normal. But 'till now I always add ebooks with only one (or wrong data) author into his own field; what if the ebook still has metadata with both authors
Some books such as anthologies have a lot of authors.

If you have more than one author the book can be referenced by any of them in the tag browser etc. Things still work correctly.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:53 AM   #6
brainvision
Connoisseur

mmm..
Ok, thank you all for replying even if the question seems annoying to you 'cause I'm pretty sure you already replied a lot of times to similar questions!!

Anyway, I understand that this is the normal behaviour..
What I would like to clarify is that I don't need and I don't want to change the classical folder and file-name structure: I was only asking if it's normal that even with more than one author the file-name only shows the first one (just like the folder, naturally).
Apart form that, again, I have no particular need to change that behaviour.. I already read the sticky thread explaining that.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:42 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
I was only asking if it's normal that even with more than one author the file-name only shows the first one (just like the folder, naturally).
Yes .
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote