Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-03-2012, 01:12 AM   #1
fitzhugh
fitzhugh can extract oil from cheesefitzhugh can extract oil from cheesefitzhugh can extract oil from cheesefitzhugh can extract oil from cheesefitzhugh can extract oil from cheesefitzhugh can extract oil from cheesefitzhugh can extract oil from cheesefitzhugh can extract oil from cheesefitzhugh can extract oil from cheese

Device: nook str
Date Added column? Can I set date when book added to library?

I love Calibre. It does so much so well.

However... I just can't figure out how to automatically set a "date added" column.

I did create a custom metadata column called "Date Added" and can set it manually after loading but if I forget to set it right away and do anything else first - like add more books - they get sorted in with the rest of the existing library and no longer appear at the top of the list.

I then have to remember all the titles I just added and hunt them down in the list to set them one by one.

Is there some way to trigger the setting of a column on the addition of a book (or set of books)? Am I missing something?

Thank you!
fitzhugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:18 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The normal date column is the date the book was added to the library.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:06 AM   #3
fitzhugh
fitzhugh can extract oil from cheesefitzhugh can extract oil from cheesefitzhugh can extract oil from cheesefitzhugh can extract oil from cheesefitzhugh can extract oil from cheesefitzhugh can extract oil from cheesefitzhugh can extract oil from cheesefitzhugh can extract oil from cheesefitzhugh can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The normal date column is the date the book was added to the library.
Thanks!

I just tested it on a new library and it works as it should.

I could be wrong in my recollaction, but as I remember, I added the custom "Date Added" column on my main library because the normal "Date" column did not always show the date added, instead showing what I assumed was a date already stored in the book's metadata when I loaded it. I can't check that library at the moment.

Did I just overlook the obvious and miss that column somehow, or is it possible the date column could have odd dates that were already stored in the metadata?

Thanks for creating Calibre!
Old 06-03-2012, 03:14 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Way back in prehistoric times that column could have dates read from the metadata in epub files, but that was fixed a long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:42 PM   #5
fitzhugh

wow, clueless user error after all. At least that means it was easy to fix!
thanks

Tags
custom metadata, date, date added, metadata