Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-07-2010, 12:26 PM   #16
nicky10013
nicky10013 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Frankly, I'm not sure. All I know for sure is that I can download the same books to my PC, but it won't update to the nook. I would imagine the default download format would be the same for both.
nicky10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:20 PM   #17
Doug Pardee
Zealot
Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.

Device: B&N NOOK 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky10013 View Post
I would imagine the default download format would be the same for both.
You would imagine so, but it's not. B&N feels compelled to deliver e-books differently to different devices. In part, I suppose, because the Blackberry still won't handle EPUB. But that doesn't really explain why the various EPUB-capable clients get different e-book files.

Where I'm trying to get with this is mainly whether or not the format downloaded to the PC was PDF, or if it's EPUB or (unlikely) PDB.

If it's EPUB or PDB, you should be able to sideload it to 'my documents'. You said in your original posting that you'd tried to load the e-book file onto the NOOK, but I'm wondering if you tried to stick it into 'my B&N downloads', which won't work. You should be able to sideload it into 'my documents' just fine.

If it's PDF, you still should be able to sideload it to 'my documents', but the result will probably not be usable. At "small" font size it'll be too small to read, and since it's almost certainly graphic rather than text, you won't be able to increase the text size.
Doug Pardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert