Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-03-2023, 09:25 AM   #1696
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post

No-one has ever asked for anything different before this. TBH I'm not sure how many users actually use that multi-user functionality (I don't use it myself).
Me... with a custom version But not for these columns
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 07:12 PM   #1697
meghane_e
Connoisseur
meghane_e began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi,
Sorry if this isn't a perfect place for this question but not sure where to start asking...
I'm a GR group mod for a Private Group. I'd like to download our group Bookshelf to keep track of books (because GR deletes or drops things), keep tags associated with books, when a book was entered and by whom. The normal things moderators like to keep track of and GR refuses to implement. Obviously I have an account.

I'm asking the following question here because I'm hoping programmers' experiences with the specific site will provide some tips. I wrote a working python app with the above functionality. It still works even though I use some older cookies & headers. I'm not honestly sure they're useful anymore. Usually, just being logged into my account lets my Python program work.

Code:
# secure values stripped
class GR_access:
cookies = { 'ccsid': '...', 'locale': 'en', '_session_id2': '...', 'blocking_sign_in_interstitial': 'true', 'u': '...', 'p': '...', 'likely_has_account': 'true', } headers = { 'User-Agent': 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:96.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/96.0', 'Accept': 'text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/avif,image/webp,*/*;q=0.8', 'Accept-Language': 'en-US,en;q=0.5', 'Accept-Encoding': 'gzip, deflate, br', 'Connection': 'keep-alive', 'Upgrade-Insecure-Requests': '1', 'Sec-Fetch-Dest': 'document', 'Sec-Fetch-Mode': 'navigate', 'Sec-Fetch-Site': 'none', 'Sec-Fetch-User': '?1', 'Cache-Control': 'max-age=0', 'If-None-Match': '...', }
response = requests.get(url, headers=GR_access.headers, cookies=GR_access.cookies)
Now, I need to rewrite this same functionality in Javascript for accessibility/reusability reasons. I tried the same cookies & headers in JavaScript script, even while logged into my Goodreads account in the same browser. I'm viewing the web browser's Web Developer Tools > Console output. The JavaScript I'm running gives me the following errors:
Code:
Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at https://www.goodreads.com/group/bookshelf/.... (Reason: CORS header ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ missing). Status code: 404.

Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at https://www.goodreads.com/group/bookshelf/.... (Reason: CORS request did not succeed). Status code: (null).
The current headers & cookies look nothing like the old ones, so obviously things have changed. I can post more details if this is a good place to bring it to. Otherwise, where might there be a better forum for this?
Thank you for any pointers getting unstuck here!
meghane_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2023, 03:28 PM   #1698
bulletproof2k
bulletproof2k began at the beginning.

Device: Various
[GUI Plugin] Goodreads Sync

Hi, is the plugin working at the moment, or am I doing something wrong?

Code:
calibre, version 7.0.0
ОШИБКА: Необработанное прерывание:: <b>TimeoutError</b>:[WinError 10060] Попытка установить соединение была безуспешной, т.к. от другого компьютера за требуемое время не получен нужный отклик, или было разорвано уже установленное соединение из-за неверного отклика уже подключенного компьютера

calibre 7.0  embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.22621-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.22621')
Python 3.11.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.22621', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: ru
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Amazon.com Multiple Countries (1, 0, 0) && Count Pages (1, 13, 4) && Embed Comic Metadata (1, 6, 6) && FanFicFare (4, 29, 0) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 6, 4) && Fantastic Fiction Adults (1, 3, 0) && GetFileName (0, 2, 0) && Goodreads (1, 7, 9) && Goodreads Sync (1, 16, 3) && LibraryThing Match (0, 2, 2) && Overdrive Link (2, 57, 0) && Reading Goal (1, 2, 3) && Overdrive Link Metadata Source (2, 57, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.config", line 1204, in authorize_plugin
  File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 215, in get_request_token_secret
  File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 129, in _oauth_request_get
  File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.oauth2.__init__", line 689, in request
  File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__", line 1689, in request
  File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__", line 1429, in _request
  File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__", line 1349, in _conn_request
  File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__", line 1096, in connect
  File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__", line 117, in _ssl_wrap_socket
  File "ssl.py", line 517, in wrap_socket
  File "ssl.py", line 1108, in _create
  File "ssl.py", line 1379, in do_handshake
TimeoutError: [WinError 10060] Попытка установить соединение была безуспешной, т.к. от другого компьютера за требуемое время не получен нужный отклик, или было разорвано уже установленное соединение из-за неверного отклика уже подключенного компьютера
bulletproof2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 03:21 AM   #1699
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I briefly installed calibre 7.0 when it was released, then had various SSL/http errors so immediately uninstalled it going back to 6.29 as have no time to try to figure out what it has broken and whether it requires plugin changes.

So I can only suggest you do the same at this point unless someone has been keeping up to date with what Kovid has changed and has suggestions...

EDIT: I should add that it is entirely possible you just hit a bad time for the Goodreads servers as I think your error message is about a timeout/server not responding or something (I don't read Russian!). So a restart at a later time may have fixed things and you didn't have the same issue I found at all.

Last edited by kiwidude; 11-24-2023 at 03:29 AM.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 05:29 PM   #1700
correoparaappzz
correoparaappzz began at the beginning.

ok, i have a problem witth the plugin. when i update the reading progress the plugin does not update the book rating, is this a bug or how do i fix it?
correoparaappzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2023, 12:31 AM   #1701
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
It’s easy to fix, assign the correct column.
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 04:37 PM   #1702
correoparaappzz
correoparaappzz began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggo View Post
It’s easy to fix, assign the correct column.
the ones i use where the calibre default one and the one that the plugin generates.
correoparaappzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 11:19 PM   #1703
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
What do you mean with the one that the PI generates?
It doesn’t generate any column!

Did you read the help documentation?
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 10:08 AM   #1704
bulletproof2k
bulletproof2k began at the beginning.

Device: Various
Works for me, I just forgot that GR is not officially available in my country.
bulletproof2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 11:24 PM   #1705
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Goodreads Sync v1.16.4 released

Release notes
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr...s_sync-v1.16.4

Mostly just to better handle something that has been annoying me for a while. When there is an error from the goodreads API such as the book id is no longer available when you were adding to a shelf, the plugin would display a misleading generic message mumbling about too many attempts etc. The "real" error causee was always available if you clicked on the details button and visually parsed the xml. Now I'm displaying that exclusively if it is in the response so you don't have to go hunting.
Old 12-21-2023, 01:27 AM   #1706
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Release notes
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr...s_sync-v1.16.4

Mostly just to better handle something that has been annoying me for a while. When there is an error from the goodreads API such as the book id is no longer available when you were adding to a shelf, the plugin would display a misleading generic message mumbling about too many attempts etc. The "real" error causee was always available if you clicked on the details button and visually parsed the xml. Now I'm displaying that exclusively if it is in the response so you don't have to go hunting.
Thank you! It happens to me from time to time and it's a bit annoying going to hunt the reason.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 09:04 PM   #1707
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
When trying to synchronize my shelves I get this Error

Code:
calibre, version 7.2.0
ERROR: Goodreads Failure: The request to contact Goodreads has failed.
If it happens again, you may have exceeded a request limit imposed by Goodreads.
In this case, wait 5-10 minutes before trying again.

I have waited the indicated time, with the same results

URL: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list.xml?v=2&shelf=currently-reading&page=1&per_page=100
Response Code: 401
b'Invalid API key.\n<!-- This is a random-length HTML comment:

Last edited by dunhill; 01-02-2024 at 09:26 PM.
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 04:41 AM   #1708
kiwidude

@dunhill - have you refreshed your signin credentials with Goodreads using the "Authorize plugin with Goodreads" option? The plugin is working fine for me, so definitely a "you" problem...
Old 01-03-2024, 11:46 AM   #1709
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
@dunhill - have you refreshed your signin credentials with Goodreads using the "Authorize plugin with Goodreads" option? The plugin is working fine for me, so definitely a "you" problem...
You're right. I changed my goodreads password and forgot that step in a hurry.
Old 01-03-2024, 11:46 AM   #1710
dunhill
Guru

Quote:
You're right. I changed my goodreads password and forgot that step

Tags
calibre, goodreads