Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #166
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
Well I went to Radio Shack, Best Buy, Staples, Office max. None of them had it in stock. And Target doesnt carry Kindles anymore.
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:01 AM   #167
nobylspoon
Zealot
nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Asus Transformer, WIFI Xoom, EVO LTE, 3G Paperwhite 10/2
My status updated to Shipped at around 2:45AM and I received a tracking number. UPS tracking shows "Order Processed - Ready for UPS" with an expected delivery of 10/3. Amazon tracking says UPS received package with 10/2 expected delivery.

I hope Amazon is right.
nobylspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #168
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobylspoon View Post
My status updated to Shipped at around 2:45AM and I received a tracking number. UPS tracking shows "Order Processed - Ready for UPS" with an expected delivery of 10/3. Amazon tracking says UPS received package with 10/2 expected delivery.

I hope Amazon is right.
Mine was originally set to come the 3rd and now that my tracking number finally works on UPS it shows...

Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
Tuesday, 10/02/2012, By End of Day
Originally Scheduled For Delivery On:
Wednesday, 10/03/2012, By End of Day

...hopefully your will be the same.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:11 AM   #169
starlight0229
starlight0229 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW, iPad 2, Nook (original)
I ordered my PW SO wifi, almost immediately after they became available on September 6th. I also ordered the Leather Cover in ink blue. Until this morning they were showing as separate shipments, with my PW to arrive sometime this week and the cover to arrive at the beginning of next month (I didn't see the shipment method change trick until it was too late). Now that the status has changed to shipping soon, it appears that they're being sent in one shipment, with an estimated arrival date of November 1st to November 3! However my credit card has already been charged for the full purchase price. So I'm rather confused. Hopefully that means that I'll be receiving both items in the next few days. I would be pretty pissed if I have to wait an entire month, when I was originally one of the first orders.
starlight0229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:11 AM   #170
nobylspoon
Zealot
nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Asus Transformer, WIFI Xoom, EVO LTE, 3G Paperwhite 10/2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Mine was originally set to come the 3rd and now that my tracking number finally works on UPS it shows...

Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
Tuesday, 10/02/2012, By End of Day
Originally Scheduled For Delivery On:
Wednesday, 10/03/2012, By End of Day

...hopefully your will be the same.
Good to know. Thanks. My cover is being sent by local courier with 10/2 estimate. I'm glad my PW is going UPS though. That courier is terrible. I have asked Amazon several times not to use them for my shipments.
nobylspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2012, 11:13 AM   #171
Cooling1978
Cooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolateCooling1978 is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle
I pre-ordered my Paperwhite mere minutes after the pre-orders were up on Amazon's website and until this morning my estimated delivery was October 3rd. Now it is showing an est. delivery of October 17th?!
Cooling1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:14 AM   #172
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlight0229 View Post
I ordered my PW SO wifi, almost immediately after they became available on September 6th. I also ordered the Leather Cover in ink blue. Until this morning they were showing as separate shipments, with my PW to arrive sometime this week and the cover to arrive at the beginning of next month (I didn't see the shipment method change trick until it was too late). Now that the status has changed to shipping soon, it appears that they're being sent in one shipment, with an estimated arrival date of November 1st to November 3! However my credit card has already been charged for the full purchase price. So I'm rather confused. Hopefully that means that I'll be receiving both items in the next few days. I would be pretty pissed if I have to wait an entire month, when I was originally one of the first orders.
I've never had Amazon charge my CC more than a few hours before actually shipping. Since they charged your CC you will most likely see it shipped today. Let's hope so anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling1978 View Post
I pre-ordered my Paperwhite mere minutes after the pre-orders were up on Amazon's website and until this morning my estimated delivery was October 3rd. Now it is showing an est. delivery of October 17th?!
Like @starlight0229 case above, that could just be a glitch in the system as they process all these orders. I suspect you will see yours ship soon too.

Last edited by jswinden; 10-01-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:16 AM   #173
starlight0229
starlight0229 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW, iPad 2, Nook (original)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobylspoon View Post
Good to know. Thanks. My cover is being sent by local courier with 10/2 estimate. I'm glad my PW is going UPS though. That courier is terrible. I have asked Amazon several times not to use them for my shipments.
Amazon loves to send my shipments via a very unreliable courier. The shipments arrive on time less than 25% of the time, and they have lost multiple packages, which Amazon has then had to reship. I once I had one appear on my doorstep more than a month after it was scheduled to be delivered!
starlight0229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #174
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlight0229 View Post
Amazon loves to send my shipments via a very unreliable courier. The shipments arrive on time less than 25% of the time, and they have lost multiple packages, which Amazon has then had to reship. I once I had one appear on my doorstep more than a month after it was scheduled to be delivered!
Beginning last Christmas season Amazon started frequently using Ensenda to deliver my orders. I had never heard of Ensenda before that. They continued using Ensenda well into the Spring. Ensenda would generally get my orders to me on time, but they often showed up at my door after 10:00pm and once after 11:00pm! I never complained, but I think others may have as by late Spring Ensenda was no longer being used for my orders. Typically Amazon uses UPS for my orders and they do an excellent job. The FedEx orders and USPS orders or terrible.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #175
jupstin
Groupie
jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Mine shipped! I have a serial number and everything, and it's set to arrive tomorrow. Can't wait
jupstin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:47 AM   #176
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
My Paperwhite has shipped, along with the black onyx cover which I only ordered late last night.
My account wasn't updated until 10:30 but Tracking says it shipped around 7:30 this morning. It's to be delivered tomorrow.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:50 PM   #177
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Yesterday, my estimated delivery date dropped from the 11th to the 3rd! It has shipped already, so I'm hoping it actually shows up tomorrow...
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:07 PM   #178
timelysarcasm
Warrior Princess
timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 4
I ordered both my PW SO and black cover 9/10. The cover was scheduled to arrive 9/3 and the PW on 9/11. I was charged for both items yesterday, and they've both changed to "shipping soon."

Here's hoping the PW arrives earlier than the estimate.
timelysarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #179
Buran
Geek
Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis Waterproof 32GB 3G (without offers)
Mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, but is still at label-created stage. This is concerning, but if Amazon gets them to UPS today, there is still time. I ordered with one-day shipping.

Is anyone else still at this stage? Hopefully, the package is not lost.
Buran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #180
timelysarcasm
Warrior Princess
timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buran View Post
Mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, but is still at label-created stage. This is concerning, but if Amazon gets them to UPS today, there is still time. I ordered with one-day shipping.

Is anyone else still at this stage? Hopefully, the package is not lost.
That happens with amazon sometimes, I've never had a package not arrive on the estimated date. The shipping tracking just lags a bit sometimes. I'm betting it will update soon.
timelysarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote