Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-09-2014, 12:14 PM   #2926
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Yeah, I might do that. But there are at least three I don't already have that I'd like to have, so I might well just get the bundle. We'll see. I'm waiting until the last moment to decide.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:01 PM   #2927
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I must confess to having just succumbed to a Humble Bundle of SF. But only to the tune of $1 for 4 books, as I already own one of the five. I've previously read one of the four, but I plan to re-read it. The other three sounded interesting.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2014, 08:59 PM   #2928
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
And I already know I'm going to buy the next two Baen bundles. Hmmm. Need to tighten up here....
It's not a problem if you actually get to reading them. For next month's bundle, I'm just putting 3 of the books in my wishlist and will get them with a good kobo coupon. One is part of the Vorkosigan saga, so I need it anyway.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:55 PM   #2929
corroonb
Addict
corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura, Nexus 9
I have thirty-two 75% off Kobo discount codes and I'm prepared to use them. Probably only twenty-nine of them and I'll share the others and the 65% codes with my fellow junkies.
corroonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 04:13 PM   #2930
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
i am glad for you and the amount of discounts you have available to you (hopefully saves you bundles and keep you on budget), but I also feel better that I only had 10 Have Now's (that are available) on my list this time around...fighting the urge to double check
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2014, 05:03 PM   #2931
peachiekene
Fanatic
peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura one, htc 10, kobo glo hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by corroonb View Post
I have thirty-two 75% off Kobo discount codes and I'm prepared to use them. Probably only twenty-nine of them and I'll share the others and the 65% codes with my fellow junkies.
THIRTY-TWO
peachiekene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:13 PM   #2932
corroonb
Addict
corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura, Nexus 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachiekene View Post
THIRTY-TWO
That's about 250 separate entries with seven or eight questions/codes per entry. So 32 from 1750 isn't that impressive. I did get four in a single entry which must have an astronomically small chance of occurring.

It's relatively simple as you can use multiple (50+) tabs and then use CTRL+Tab to quickly fill out the same field in each form. You do have to refresh the capatcha on each new page. You don't need real email addresses or real data in any field except for the postcode if you select UK as your country which is the optimal choice as you don't need to select a province or state thus increasing your speed.
corroonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:01 PM   #2933
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've come a little unstuck with the current Kobo competition. I ended up with over a dozen 75% off codes, and as well as my two planned purchases from this month's Baen releases, I also bought 10 older Baen releases, for just £1.31 each. These were on a wishlist I made of older Baen titles I wanted but didn't have.

Last month's poor odds competition made me realise that the Kobo competitions and 75% off coupons may not last forever, so I decided to get these books by some favourite authors while I could.

£1.31 each! How could I resist?
Old 07-18-2014, 04:39 PM   #2934
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Last month's poor odds competition made me realise that the Kobo competitions and 75% off coupons may not last forever, so I decided to get these books by some favourite authors while I could.
I've been anticipating changes for a long time; I'm surprised that so far it's business as usual. And not just fewer competitions and high codes; I figure sometime, maybe soon, Kobo will stop displaying winning codes and communicate them just in the follow-up email (necessitating a "real" email addy) and will start enforcing geographic restrictions. I've noticed when I sign into my Indian account these days, the URL still shows me in the US (en-us), whereas before the URL would end in en-in. And all the high codes in the world won't do me a heck of a lot of good if I can only shop in the USA.

Soooo, I hear ya. So far, I've been able to resist pricey (even after the discount) books that aren't of immediate interest, but when the book is cheap or an old favorite, I've fallen, for just your reason. The party will end sometime. Gaming the Kobo contest has gone viral; I can't imagine they can continue to sell their entire library at 75% off indefinitely.

Last edited by issybird; 07-18-2014 at 04:42 PM.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:29 PM   #2935
peachiekene
Fanatic
peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura one, htc 10, kobo glo hd
Quote:
That's about 250 separate entries with seven or eight questions/codes per entry. So 32 from 1750 isn't that impressive. I did get four in a single entry which must have an astronomically small chance of occurring.

It's relatively simple as you can use multiple (50+) tabs and then use CTRL+Tab to quickly fill out the same field in each form. You do have to refresh the capatcha on each new page. You don't need real email addresses or real data in any field except for the postcode if you select UK as your country which is the optimal choice as you don't need to select a province or state thus increasing your speed.
I know. I've done it before, but never that many multi-codes. Now I really only do one account because so many people share codes - if I want one, I am almost always able to grab a 65% or 75% without having to try to think of random email accounts. ^^; (I am grateful for the people who are willing to do this! I tried and just couldn't get a good quick rhythm for it.)
------------------------

I broke my goal of no buying books this month. D:
I found two I wanted on sale, had a gift card, and just caved.
On the other hand, I have had to take a break from knitting (sore arms, wrists, and hands) it's been less than a week and I've gotten through 2 (shorter) books and am plowing my way through a big door stopper.

So, finished 2 and bought 2 more means I break even.

Last edited by peachiekene; 07-18-2014 at 09:32 PM.
peachiekene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:59 AM   #2936
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Pleased as punch to have bought the recent Jack Reacher book (no. 18 in the series) for just £1.99. Only had to wait 9 months after adding it to my wish list to get it for this price! I usually jump when they get to £3.99 or less, so that was a really nice saving. And for the first time in ages my Mum pre-ordered a book, the new Danielle Steel book, but since it was only £4.99, that's an acceptable breaking of the no new books rule isn't it?
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:01 AM   #2937
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulfuldog View Post
Pleased as punch to have bought the recent Jack Reacher book (no. 18 in the series) for just £1.99. Only had to wait 9 months after adding it to my wish list to get it for this price! I usually jump when they get to £3.99 or less, so that was a really nice saving. And for the first time in ages my Mum pre-ordered a book, the new Danielle Steel book, but since it was only £4.99, that's an acceptable breaking of the no new books rule isn't it?
No new books - unless they're the latest in a series by a favourite author.

It sounds like you're doing really well.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:03 PM   #2938
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I resisted because the best coupon I got was 55% off and that wasn't good enough. So, I will continue to add various Baen books to my wishlist and wait for another opportunity.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:04 PM   #2939
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
I'm on a spree again. Using some 65% codes, I was able to buy a few omnibuses, thereby buying 20 or so books for less than € 0.75 a piece.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:29 PM   #2940
Melon Soda
★ Enjoy Your Reads! ★
Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Desktop
Quote:
thirty-two! My luck in the contest was pretty bad. Luckily there are generous souls sharing their codes on the Kobo thread, only that one had to be really fast, and lucky, to snag a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I dread the day this would happen. Makes sense to get the books first while we could, except that it would really blow my budget lmao. I joined the Kobo contest (and discount thread on this forum) only last month, and already Kobo has earned quite a bit from me these two months. And I still have more books on my wishlist!

I think once I cleared all the "high priority" books in my wishlist, I will just stick to a new mantra "no new books - unless they're the latest in a series by a favourite author".
Melon Soda is offline   Reply With Quote