Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-27-2023, 08:41 PM   #31
hartleyshc
hartleyshc began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 1st Gen, KT4, PW4, PW5-SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackoder View Post
Can you clarify what you did after you found the Resell button? I am in the same spot; it reboots into Chinese demo mode.
When I was in Chinese Demo mode, I did it just like I did the English Demo mode. Navigated through, go to the Resell, and after you tap through it will reboot back into English normal mode (or I assume whatever the default language is for your device).
hartleyshc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 08:44 PM   #32
Donaldb
Donaldb began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw 5 16gb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
Is this possible on kindle pw5 running 5.14.3.0.1
Donaldb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2023, 09:58 PM   #33
Donaldb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldb View Post
Never mind it didn't work and I've managed to install after upgrading to 5.15.1, can't seem to install kual any help with that?
Old 10-27-2023, 10:11 PM   #34
naulels
naulels began at the beginning.

Device: PPW5 LOCK
Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
@naulels
Assuming you have success installing this jailbreak, yes!
I have Ppw5 Refurbished 5.15.1, can it work for me, thanks
naulels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 10:49 PM   #35
Donaldb

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartleyshc View Post
Fully successful on a PW5 Signature Edition running 5.15.1

Had some slight deviation from the instructions. As others have said, the usb connection after the demo reboot is very quick. I had missed that window the first time, and just started again from the beginning.

After I successfully connected the usb again and copied the files over again at the power screen, when it booted, it booted back into Chinese Demo mode.

Navigated through and used Google translate on my phone to find the Resell button.
Ran the hotfix after that step. Booted into normal English mode.

Was able to install KUAL and got KOReader installed as well.
Now just need to find how to stop updates. I'd like to keep wireless enabled so I can use OPDS.

Edit: So apparently the renameotabin extension still works as it did before. So far no updates and have been online for a while now. No update.
How to install kual? I've jailbroken and installed hotfix, after copying kual install hotfix Kindle says update not supported.
Please help?
Advert
Old 10-27-2023, 11:00 PM   #36
jazzgreen001
jazzgreen001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Please help!
I followed the guide to the letter, but I can't change the language and turn on airplane-mode after I finished updating the hotfix.
I'm using a PPW4.
jazzgreen001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 12:18 AM   #37
naulels
naulels began at the beginning.

Device: PPW5 LOCK
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartleyshc View Post
Fully successful on a PW5 Signature Edition running 5.15.1

Had some slight deviation from the instructions. As others have said, the usb connection after the demo reboot is very quick. I had missed that window the first time, and just started again from the beginning.

After I successfully connected the usb again and copied the files over again at the power screen, when it booted, it booted back into Chinese Demo mode.

Navigated through and used Google translate on my phone to find the Resell button.
Ran the hotfix after that step. Booted into normal English mode.

Was able to install KUAL and got KOReader installed as well.
Now just need to find how to stop updates. I'd like to keep wireless enabled so I can use OPDS.

Edit: So apparently the renameotabin extension still works as it did before. So far no updates and have been online for a while now. No update.
I have same ppw5 ref, how can I install kual and koreader, thanks you
naulels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 04:09 AM   #38
Marek
Zealot
Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: PW4 :(, KT5, PB628
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzgreen001 View Post
Please help!
I followed the guide to the letter, but I can't change the language and turn on airplane-mode after I finished updating the hotfix.
I'm using a PPW4.
Go back to demo mode with ;demo -> right button it should reset and you should be out of demo and in English
Marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 04:12 AM   #39
Marek
Zealot
Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldb View Post
I have helped people install this on 2 PW5s already the common theme is that it worked best on 5.16.2.1 so update to this version if you want to jailbreak
Old 10-28-2023, 06:01 AM   #40
Donaldb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
I have helped people install this on 2 PW5s already the common theme is that it worked best on 5.16.2.1 so update to this version if you want to jailbreak
I've managed to jailbreak but kual coplate update bin is being skipped by mrpi, due to device being 11 Kindle 16gb 6.8 paper white.
Old 10-28-2023, 06:03 AM   #41
DarkWolf
DarkWolf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3, PW4
Hello,
i tried it again, but i dont get the Kindle PW5 (Signature, 5.16.2.1) mounted after resell. It connects, but i dont have a drive to copy files to. After selecting chinese language, it boots up without any log output.
Any idea how to get it work?
DarkWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 06:14 AM   #42
DarkWolf
DarkWolf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3, PW4
Sorry, i cant edit my previous message.
I got it work, complete reset of the device. I get the drive mounted. And now i see the pseudodot language on the screen, that was not there before.
DarkWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 06:58 AM   #43
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Will this JB survive if JB’ed Kindle is updated to higher FW? Can hotfix be reinstalled?
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 06:58 AM   #44
guio
guio began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
@hartleyshc, how did you manage to install KUAL and Koreader?
I've tried over mrpi but I had an error like "Coudn't mount system RO"
guio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 07:00 AM   #45
Marek
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
Will this JB survive if JB’ed Kindle is updated to higher FW? Can hotfix be reinstalled?
My kindle updated to 5.16.4 jailbreak survives fine - hotfix can be installed and works - however i had problems with MRPI so i downgraded back to 5.16.2.1.1

Tags
jailbreak, jailbreak 5.16..2.1.1, languagebreak