Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 07-15-2021, 09:37 PM   #1
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Tricks to Scan Loose-Leaf Notes?

I sometimes try scanning a bunch of my old loose-leaf notes.

I have an Epson GT-1500 scanner, which can use flatbed or document feed, and I have PDFScanner, which I find more reliable than the original driver.

But if I scan more than a dozen or so documents a day, I start taking hours to get through them, and start setting off old right arm and elbow pain.

Is there some trick I'm missing here?
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 11:19 AM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Pay some young enterprising son/daughter $20 to do it for you??

My Grampa used to get his shoes polished that way - and I thought I was rich!!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2021, 11:59 PM   #3
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
I think more prep work-- getting a bunch of similar documents together-- could save some time and effort.

I still have to figure out the right names and folders as I save each file, especially when they're associated with incremental progress on a long-term project.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 08:44 PM   #4
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Oasis, Pop_Os!, Jutoh, Kobo Forma
Have you considered photography instead of a scanner? Years ago I made a simple device to hold a book , a light, and my very cheap Cannon Power-Shot camera. It works very well and is very fast; I can do a couple of hundred pages in an evening. It would take loose-leaf no problem. Shooting at fairly low-res, the images are suitable for cbr/pdf and even OCR. And they are automatically numbered. (I use a utility to rename them, but at least they are in order and I don't have to type in a file name for each image.)

Search YouTube for "DIY Book Scanner" and you will be amazed at what people have come up with, from dead simple (like mine) to very complicated.
retiredbiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
looseleaf scanning, scanning