Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-10-2008, 05:32 PM   #1
nobbie
nobbie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Unhappy Restore Demo Content via Mac?

Greetings,

I just picked up a Sangria Red PRS-505, brand new in the box, for my wife. I opened it up with the intention of loading it with a nice selection of books. My IT buddy here at work was interested in getting one also and asked to play with it. He gave me a Micro-SD card and said it needed to be formatted........We ended up reformatting the 505's internal memory drive! Now, granted, I don't need any of that. But it would have been nice to let my wife look them over and delete at will.

My friend apologized profusely. It's no biggie. I'm sure there's a way to restore the content, right? Without a windows PC, riiiight????

I just installed Calibre. Will this work? I'll post in that section also, but wanted to check here first.

Thanks!
nobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:38 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobbie View Post
My friend apologized profusely. It's no biggie. I'm sure there's a way to restore the content, right? Without a windows PC, riiiight????
When you say "content" you mean sample ebooks? Sure, if you have them. The 505 will mount as a mass storage device and you can drag stuff from explorer to it. No other software needed.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2008, 06:14 PM   #3
nobbie
nobbie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Yes, the stuff that came pre-loaded with new 505's! I'll check the install CD to see if they're there. Thanks!
nobbie is offline   Reply With Quote