Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-25-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
dbtkenny
dbtkenny began at the beginning.

Device: kindle d01100
how to make a new tag, kindle

Hi first off I am new to calibre and my kindle.

When I power up my kindle I get the start up screen. With kindle user guide Dictionaries (2) and so on.
I can create new collection on the kindle and then add books to it. but when I open up Calibre and import my books from the kindle it does not show me the what books are in what collection.

In the Library it does show up an column called tags. I can open the metadata to change a tag but I cannot add a new tag to the list.

If I look at the Device tab I can see the collections tab but it is empty?

What I need to do is set up an TAG in Calibre so I can add book to it. i.e. SCI-FI then save it to my kindle. So I do not have one big list of books.
I have also seen when I save book to the kindle it does not overwrite a book if it is already there but add a new one in.

I looked at the help for adding new tags, but it talks about adding Genre in I can get to the look and feel bit but then what I get is very different to the help screens.
dbtkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbtkenny View Post
Hi first off I am new to calibre and my kindle.

When I power up my kindle I get the start up screen. With kindle user guide Dictionaries (2) and so on.
I can create new collection on the kindle and then add books to it. but when I open up Calibre and import my books from the kindle it does not show me the what books are in what collection.

In the Library it does show up an column called tags. I can open the metadata to change a tag but I cannot add a new tag to the list.

If I look at the Device tab I can see the collections tab but it is empty?

What I need to do is set up an TAG in Calibre so I can add book to it. i.e. SCI-FI then save it to my kindle. So I do not have one big list of books.
I have also seen when I save book to the kindle it does not overwrite a book if it is already there but add a new one in.

I looked at the help for adding new tags, but it talks about adding Genre in I can get to the look and feel bit but then what I get is very different to the help screens.
Welcome
Look at the Kindle Collections Plugin in the Plugins section of this forum.
(You can also get there by clicking the clicking the Plugins selection in Preferences Icon ( be sure to review the others while you are there )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2012, 01:06 PM   #3
dbtkenny
dbtkenny began at the beginning.

Device: kindle d01100
It not really what I was looking for, but I think I got it do what I need. A bit long winded but hay it if it does the job at the end of the day.

Thank you.
dbtkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:34 PM   #4
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I think that theducks was advising you to create your collections with calibre so you can change/send them easily and see them at a glance.

A small learning curve, but pays off big time as you get more books.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote