Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-28-2010, 05:16 PM   #1
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
The nook color really really doesn't like a wet screen

does it? It was like a party, with music and dancing, only I wasn't invited.

But more seriously, does an anti-glare screen reduce this effect?

(This is not a complaint. It's not like I didn't know better. But I like to read while I eat, so there it is.)
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:29 PM   #2
coolbreeze
Addict
coolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with others

Device: Nook Color, White 3G K3
When I had the NC (returned it) I had the antiglare installed. I hated it, as it made the text blurry to me. It did cut the glare, but ruined the high resolution of the NC. I removed it after a few days. YMMV.
coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2010, 07:48 PM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Uh-oh! What did you do?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:40 PM   #4
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Uh-oh! What did you do?
Just a couple of drops from wet fingers, easily wiped off with no damage. But boy was it a show for a few seconds, with the cursor jumping all over the screen, selecting words and, IIRC, bringing up dictionary entries for them. Took several tries to get it dry - even the slightest drop at the very edge of the screen made it go crazy.

That's the price of having a shortage of people who are more interesting to have lunch with than a book, I guess.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote