Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-23-2010, 11:50 PM   #16
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Yes, it did arrive today. Thanks for sending it out quick. This time of the year shipping is usually very quick.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:49 AM   #17
sapokiko
sapokiko began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook iq
SD Card needed for 701?

Hi folks,

I just got my 701, and trying to figure it all out.

Can I update the firmware without installing an external SD card? I know this thing has an internal (micro, I think) but I can't figure out how to update the firmware from the instructions on the pocketbook website.

Thanks,
Kiko
sapokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 02:23 PM   #18
JP36
Enthusiast
JP36 began at the beginning.

Device: Ipaq 2200, Pocketbook IQ 701, Sony PRS350
Kiko, I used an SD card I don't know if you can do it without one, it seems you are only told how to do it with one.
JP36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:02 PM   #19
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapokiko View Post
Hi folks,

Can I update the firmware without installing an external SD card? I know this thing has an internal (micro, I think) but I can't figure out how to update the firmware from the instructions on the pocketbook website.

Thanks,
Kiko
I don't know how to do it, but I remember this question being asked before and someone said that it can be done.

I can't find the thread right now. Will try again later when I get home.

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:26 PM   #20
sapokiko
sapokiko began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook iq
SD card

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP36 View Post
Kiko, I used an SD card I don't know if you can do it without one, it seems you are only told how to do it with one.
Well, since "da Shack" had 4gb on sale for 12.99, I just splurged on it. Now attempting firmware update...
sapokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 08:30 PM   #21
paww
Connoisseur
paww began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
Quote:
Well, since "da Shack" had 4gb on sale for 12.99, I just splurged on it. Now attempting firmware update...
With an SD card its pretty easy, download the file from the website.

Its in a 7zip file, extract that, it leaves you with another zip file. Copy that zip file on the the SD card (not in any folder just the main section) and hold the power button and it'll do its stuff.
paww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:21 AM   #22
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Hi folks,

Thanks,
Kiko
don't know if it works for the IQ, which is an Android tablet, but for the readers you can do that: I asked it here, and MmavisO pointed me to the answer to my problem, post #7 of this thread.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:18 AM   #23
Leanne
Leanne began at the beginning.

Pocketbook 701 IQ Help!

Greeting all -

I've recently purchased a Pocketbook 701 IQ and having a heck of time figuring it out! I'm no computer guru but savvy enough to get around on a PC and MAC. I can't even figure how to load books from Kobo to my Pocketbook.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
Leanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:48 AM   #24
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanne View Post
Greeting all -

I've recently purchased a Pocketbook 701 IQ and having a heck of time figuring it out! I'm no computer guru but savvy enough to get around on a PC and MAC. I can't even figure how to load books from Kobo to my Pocketbook.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
Welcome to the forum. I am not sure how kobo books works, but let first assume that you have not "rooted" your IQ.

The IQ has its own ebook reader and there are many other readers out there on the Android platform.

Go here: http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...allation-pack/

download the package, there is a kobo reader in there. create a directory (ie. ebooks_readers) on your SD card and move the applications there. Use IOFile Manager to install the kobo reader onto your IQ and get your wireless going. You can then download your kobo books onto your SD card.

After that I am sure you can use any of the other readers to read your books. I use moon+ reader.

Cheers

Last edited by hiaig; 01-18-2011 at 10:50 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:06 PM   #25
Leanne

Thanks for the quick response hiaig! Obviously, I have ALOT to learn with this Pocketbook! Didn't know I had to "root" it.....will read the blog you posted tonight and report back.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:41 PM   #26
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Thanks for the quick response hiaig! Obviously, I have ALOT to learn with this Pocketbook! Didn't know I had to "root" it.....will read the blog you posted tonight and report back.
You don't *have* to root it; you can install most apps right out of box.
Just make sure you have the latest (dec 10) firmware installed.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:03 PM   #27
Leanne

Thanks for the reply fjtorres.

As I'm not familiar with the operating system I guess I have alot of catching up/reading to do. I just assumed I could open the box and "voila" everything would be there! All I wanted to do was read my already purchased books from Kobo (Adobe DRM) on this Pocketbook and learn the rest as I went along.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:53 PM   #28
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Thanks for the reply fjtorres.

As I'm not familiar with the operating system I guess I have alot of catching up/reading to do. I just assumed I could open the box and "voila" everything would be there! All I wanted to do was read my already purchased books from Kobo (Adobe DRM) on this Pocketbook and learn the rest as I went along.
That should be doable: the KOBO app runs fine.
And don't worry about learning the OS, it's a pretty generic GUI-based system; you'll get used to it in a couple of days.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:45 PM   #29
Leanne

This is a slowwww learning process. I have the downloaded Kobo books on my laptop and read through Adobe Digital Editions but cannot load them to the Pocketbook. I then accessed the Kobo website through the Pocketbook and I'm unable to download them as epub on the Pocketbook.

I'm feeling a bit frustrated and overwhelmed......my iphone is easier than this thing!!

Any thoughts anyone? Thanks in advance!
Old 01-20-2011, 03:17 PM   #30
hiaig
Addict

Quote:
This is a slowwww learning process. I have the downloaded Kobo books on my laptop and read through Adobe Digital Editions but cannot load them to the Pocketbook. I then accessed the Kobo website through the Pocketbook and I'm unable to download them as epub on the Pocketbook.

I'm feeling a bit frustrated and overwhelmed......my iphone is easier than this thing!!

Any thoughts anyone? Thanks in advance!
1. have you installed the kobo software on your IQ yet?
2. if not, transfer the kobo app to your SD card.
3. Use IOFileManager, tap on the file to install.
3. tap on the kobo icon and sign in (with your wireless on)
4. you should now see the books that you have from kobo. (I signed up for a kobo account and was able to download a free book and I am scrolling through the book now).