Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #1
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Curious: Do others get this bug

I've had for a long time a bug on the Touch, and now Glo where when I tap the screen to turn a page, the tap is ignored, however a second tap pages forward twice.

I discovered today that it also seems to be related to Font size; I was running for a few days with a smaller font size (down by one click) and while I was still seeing the occasional ignore of a tap, I was not seeing the double page turn on the next tap. I increased the font by one click, and almost instantly saw the double page turn again.

Any one else experience this?

It seems to be independent of which side I have configured for page forward, and also independent of where on the screen I tap.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:42 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I have not seen this, Peter.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2013, 10:00 PM   #3
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
That happens to me quite often, and yes, it's annoying. With the usual delay before the page actually turns, I wonder did I wait long enough, finally give in and hit it a 2nd time and get advanced 2 pages. I haven't found any common cause of it, but I never really looked for one, just accepted it as another of the unresponsive annoyances of Kobo's IR.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:03 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Could you try a smaller font and see if that helps? With me (as I said) a single click downwards made a difference. Initially I was just over 1/2 on the slider.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:07 PM   #5
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
I occasionally got it on one of the much older firmwares on my Touch, but I haven't seen it for ages.

I also think that the device has trained me over time in how to tap 'properly' - the best locations and timing.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2013, 10:09 PM   #6
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Now that I think about it, I've experienced this two or three times but had attributed it to the amount of pressure on the screen. I'll watch it closely now and see if a font size change makes a difference.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:14 PM   #7
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Could you try a smaller font and see if that helps? With me (as I said) a single click downwards made a difference. Initially I was just over 1/2 on the slider.
When I run into it again, I'll try it. But when I would go back and try the same page again, the double page turn wouldn't happen, so I'm not sure changing fonts in my case would prove anything. Other than it being a random bug.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:30 PM   #8
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

I agree it's random, it's just I fond with a smaller size font I've had no double turns st all over two or three days, but with the larger font, I could get the error within an hour.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:00 AM   #9
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Peter, is it size alone, or a combination of size and a particular font?
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:22 AM   #10
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

That I'm not sure. Currently I only have the original Kobo fonts in use, and the book I'm reading is set to "Document Default".

I'll play some more and look for ideas.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:38 AM   #11
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
I think if you slow down a bit and make your "taps" more of a press you'll experience far less trouble from the interface. At least that seems to do it for me. Something between a tap and a long press like you'd highlight a word. Seems slow, but beats ignored taps or double taps.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:10 AM   #12
Tachikoma
Connoisseur
Tachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kobo Glo
I doubt it's a size issue, I have my Glo on very very small fonts (friends comment that the size is almost comically small), and I get double page turns a few times a day.
Tachikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #13
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
I have seen it randomly using both the default font at default size and the default font at a couple clicks smaller.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:57 AM   #14
Witty Username
Addict
Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Touch, Kobo Libra H2O
Ah, that old question again - Is size important?

(sorry, I couldn't help myself)
Witty Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:11 AM   #15
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
I see this a lot. On the Glo and the Aura.
Sometimes it takes me two pages further, sometimes the second tap suddenly takes me a page *back*. (I have the device set so 2/3 of the screen is tappable for page forward. There's no way I'm tapping in the border area between back/forward.)

It's the single most annoying bug in the software that I know of. In combination with one other bug, that takes a shared first place.

(For the rest, I really have no complaints about the device. Except maybe a the lack of a "send web page to kobo" plugin like there is for Kindle or tablets (Pocket/Readitlater).)
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote