Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-31-2007, 01:03 PM   #1
ricdiogo
Gutenberger
ricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Greetings Olá

Hi all

I am a system operator at Project Gutenberg's website and also a volunteer at Distributed Proofreaders. If you have any questions about these projects feel free to ask.
I am now searching for ebook reading devices. I'll probaly have many questions for you too.

Se consegue perceber este parágrafo, olá.
ricdiogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:38 PM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Welcome! We are fans of anyone that is a part of Project Gutenberg or DP. What a wonderful accomplishment and contribution you guys are making!!!!

I'm sure we'll have lots of questions for you over time, as well as discussions that you can contribute to. Hopefully, we'll also have a lot of good information about e-books that you will find useful.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2007, 06:27 PM   #3
ricdiogo
Gutenberger
ricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enough

Thanks Bob!
Old 07-31-2007, 07:07 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricdiogo View Post
Hi all

I am a system operator at Project Gutenberg's website and also a volunteer at Distributed Proofreaders. If you have any questions about these projects feel free to ask.
I am now searching for ebook reading devices. I'll probaly have many questions for you too.

Se consegue perceber este parágrafo, olá.
I've registered at Distributed Proofreading, is there an easy to read simple manual of format notation in proofing? How do I go about starting? I want to do the proofing from the scan.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 07:19 PM   #5
ricdiogo
Gutenberger

Distributed Proofreaders

First Thing to do is reading the Proofreading Guidelines.
Then, click at the P1 link (up right).
You'll be prompted to a page with a list of books. I recommend you choose a BEGINNERS ONLY project. Just click at the title.
A new page will open (called "project page") with the book's info and the project comments. Read the project comments until the end.
Then click Start Proofreading in the end of the page.
And you're ready to go.
After you've proofread the page, click "Save as done" or "Save and go to the next page".
Tomorrow, when you come back to DP, you just need to click "My projects" (top) after logging in and you'll see a link to the book you have previously worked on.
Advert
Old 08-02-2007, 04:54 AM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Welcome, Ricardo. Glad to have you with us.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 09:05 AM   #7
ricdiogo
Gutenberger

Thanks Alexander