Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-19-2014, 04:16 PM   #1
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
ePub to azw3 conversion hangs Kindle

Since the demise of my Sony reader I am starting the conversion of my ePubs to azw3 for use on a Kindle Paperwhite 2. The attached azw3, (extract due to copyright), is the result of the conversion and works with no problem on Kindle Previewer. However, when opening it on the actual Kindle the home screen jumps down about 2cm, leaving a white space at the top, and then the Kindle hangs and I have to force a reset.

In the conversion options I have disabled font rescaling and set the base font size to 14pt, (as this gives smaller text sizes than standard Kindle books.)

Any suggestions as to what may have gone wrong would be most welcome.

Environment: Windows 7 64-bit, calibre 2.2

Update:
After the reset there has been an improvement. After about 18 seconds the book now opens. What could cause it to take so long? Is this normal for azw3's converted from ePub rather than purchased from Amazon?

Attached Files
File Type: epub Prayer.epub (50.0 KB, 139 views)
File Type: azw3 Prayer.azw3 (164.9 KB, 159 views)
File Type: txt JobDetails.txt (3.5 KB, 157 views)

Last edited by Agama; 09-19-2014 at 06:17 PM.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:46 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If I had to guess, I'd say it is all the SVG images, and it doesn't have anything to do with conversion.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 12:21 AM   #3
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
Thanks Kovid, that was indeed the problem. I exported them via the editor and it turned out they are images of text, so a quick bit of typing has enabled me to simply delete them.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote