Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #1
rhazzon
rhazzon began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet
Floppy Drive Issue

I just installed 0.9.10 on a Windows XP box. As soon as I start Calibre I get these odd seeks on my old floppy drive. Is this a bug or is there some option available to turn it off? The sound of the drive seeking is driving me crazy!
rhazzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:36 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhazzon View Post
I just installed 0.9.10 on a Windows XP box. As soon as I start Calibre I get these odd seeks on my old floppy drive. Is this a bug or is there some option available to turn it off? The sound of the drive seeking is driving me crazy!
I disabled my Floppy in the BIOS. I can't remember the last time I used it

Here is Kovids reply to user with the same problem https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...97&postcount=2
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2012, 10:08 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just go into device manager in windows and disable the floppy drive. Surely you're not actually using floppies.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote