Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 05-07-2009, 11:09 AM   #16
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
YAY! I'll have to read it when I get back from vacation, though.
how can you go on vacation when you know there will be a new red adventure starting ????
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #17
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
how can you go on vacation when you know there will be a new red adventure starting ????
That's what netbooks are made for...

Now Zelda and DixieGal, here's a hushpuppy for ya'll.

There's nothing like fishing. You're at peace with the world and at war with the fish. And if the fish win, it's still a good day...
Bubba and I were out fishing at a favorite spot of his at a particular lake. I won't say where because - 1. It'll draw crowds, 2. All sorts of fishermen (and fisherwomen) will show up and catch all the fish, and 3. - We'll lose all our peace and quiet!
Scratch that. We already have lost #3.

It was a good morning. I'd already caught 2 basses and I was dreamin' about cracking open the first Pearl of the day, when this big noisy power boat pulled up next to our Jon boat.
A guy with a megaphone blatted, "Are one of you guys Red Edward."
I looked over at Bubba. "You know these guys?"
"No. And I don't want to. You leave a wake-up call?"
"(Bleep) no. I came here to fish. I told Mindy that if anything too hot came up, she could send a message through your private switchboard. "
Bubba looked sour, "I told Patrica that I was out fishing, and that nobody short of the Pope or the Prez had better disturb me."
"Well, the Pope wouldn't send out a speedboat, he'd just walk on over and talk. Guess it must be the Prez. Shall I get the inevitable over with?"
Bubba looked even more sour, "I guess so, but if it's the Prez, I going to call him and give him a piece of my mind for ruining my fishing day."
"Now Bubba, politicans are too d-mn smart as it is, without givin' them an intellectual booster."
I cupped my hands and yelled, "Why do you need Red, Bonzo?"
The guy with the megaphone yelled back, "I've got special orders from the President to get him for a conference with the President."
I leaned over to Bubba, "I told you it wouldn't be the Pope."
I yelled back at the guy with the microphone. "How much are you payin?"
"Paying? This is the President we're talking about."
"Yeah, but I'm fishin'! If he can't pay me what a Chicago alderman gets under the table per hour, I'm gonna stay here and enjoy life. And if you're thinkin' about throwing your weight around, my buddy here'll see to it that you're sent to Outer Mongolia on a trade mission. And he ain't too happy right now to start with."
"Who is your buddy there?"
I leaned over to Bubba. "Shall I tell him?"
"Might as well. That d-mned bullhorn has scared away all the fish, anyway."
"His name's Bubba. Yeah, the Bubba who help the Prez when he was a state senator. So get on your baby football and call the White House Chief of Staff and tell him the Prez is interrupting both Red and Bubba fishin'. If the Prez still wants me, I'm charging full alderman rates. He'll know what that means. I'm gonna wait here for the response."
I reached into the cooler and cracked open a Pearl.
Bubba said, "Isn't it a bit early for the first beer?"
"Yeah, but 4 to 1 it's the last beer I'll get for a week or two. I might as well enjoy one while I can. I expect this'll be rush, rush; so go ahead and keep the bass, I won't have time to clean and cook 'em. Next time have Patricia leave the Prez off the list. At least the Pope would come out here and fish and talk like a decent human being if he needed me.
"By the way, Bubba, how did you get hooked up with the Lady who knows everything?"
"Aw, the Archbishop of Canterbury gave me a ring and asked me to do a jigger for Patricia when she went on a vacation. The Archbishop and I go back to when we were workin' on getting Terry Waite released. So I did, and we started swapping vacation coverages back and forth."
Bonzo with the bullhorn blatted back. "The president says he's sorry about disturbing both of you, but it's really is important. Just give him the account number and he'll start the pay. Both France and Pinwheel are involved, and are calling the US for help."
I gave the bullhorn a big nod.
"Bubba, can you putter us over to their boat? I don't trust a big speedboat for delicacy."
"Sure, Red."
We trolled over to the speedboat. I grabbed the ladder and climbed up.
I yelled over the edge, "We'll get together again for fishin', I promise."
Bubba nodded and started trolling back to the fishing spot.
"Alright, Bonzo. Let's go make some money...."

Last edited by Greg Anos; 05-07-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2009, 12:42 PM   #18
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
short and sweet.

next ..... (please)
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:43 PM   #19
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

more peril in pinwheel ! wonder who's getting into trouble this time...

just a question sir, what's a hushpuppy ?
Old 05-07-2009, 12:46 PM   #20
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
more peril in pinwheel ! wonder who's getting into trouble this time...

just a question sir, what's a hushpuppy ?

I found this ...

This Southern specialty is a small cornmeal dumpling, flavored with chopped scallions, deep-fried and served hot. Hushpuppies are a traditional accompaniment for fried catfish. Their name is said to have come from the fact that, to keep hungry dogs from begging for food while the rest of the dinner was being prepared, cooks used to toss scraps of the fried batter to the pets with the admonition, "Hush, puppy!"

I think he's giving you this to keep you quiet - for now .....
Advert
Old 05-07-2009, 01:24 PM   #21
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
A little treat to keep the quiet...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:25 PM   #22
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
A little treat to keep the quiet...
he should know by now it will take more than that to keep us quiet...
Old 05-07-2009, 01:26 PM   #23
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
In my experience, it just makes you clamor for more...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:27 PM   #24
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
that sounds about right...
Old 05-07-2009, 01:28 PM   #25
GeoffC

Quote:

how dare you .... state the bleeding obvious
Old 05-07-2009, 01:57 PM   #26
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I love Red! He's the sort of guy you want for a neighbor, because he would always loan you a ladder. And hang around to hold it steady when you are climbing it, just in case.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:02 PM   #27
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I love Red! He's the sort of guy you want for a neighbor, because he would always loan you a ladder. And hang around to hold it steady when you are climbing it, just in case.

Isn't everybody like that?
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:04 PM   #28
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
What does The Snacker Of Nations, A B-52 bombing mission over France and a fishing trip have in common?
A small pastry called "Reginald"

Quote:
Why is VivaldiRules hiding under Queen Zelda's bed?
To avoid the chickens crossing the road.

Quote:
And how much does somebody get paid?
Eleventy henways per hour.

Quote:
For the answers to these, and even more questions that you never wanted asked, look to the threads for the next new title - Red Versus the Snacker Of Nations!
Oh, sorry, I thought it was a quiz.

Quote:
Coming soon to a thread near you.... (Be afraid, be very afraid.)
Okay, but I'm not doing the dry cleaning.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:48 PM   #29
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Well, at least it wasn't the sort of hushpuppy I was thinking of (a brand of comfortable shoe...)

Thank you RSE! And more please?
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:51 PM   #30
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Lies! All Lies!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote