Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-11-2008, 08:04 PM   #1
nwinter
Zealot
nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony PS-505, Iphone and about to add a Kindle DX
Help finding soft case for reader with cover on it.

I have a cover on my reader ( the pink leather one) but am looking for a soft bag to put the reader into when I need to take it places ( as in throw it in the old handbag and not worry about stuff getting caught in it or bashed around). To add to the hard factor I am in Australia so not only am I looking for the case but by someone who will ship internationally.

Reading some of the posts there has to be a market for some ingenious person from the US to set up an ebay store or something that stocks reader accessories for us poor non Americans!

Any suggestions welcome.

Natalie
nwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:31 PM   #2
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Know anyone who sews? I use a zippered fabric bag I made. I didn't make the bag for the Reader, but the size (9-1/2 by 6-3/4 inches) is perfect for it.

Have you looked at some of the larger quilted zippered cosmetic bags? The size should be about right.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2008, 09:30 PM   #3
nwinter
Zealot
nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony PS-505, Iphone and about to add a Kindle DX
I didnt think of that and that would have been a cheaper option as I just bought a book armour for the 505 as I couldn't find anything soft. It does look pretty good and I will review it when it arrives. The cosmetic bag would have been perfect though. Du-oh!

Natalie
nwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:11 AM   #4
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I saw some of those 7" Asus computers on display at Target. Below the display, there were brightly colorful neoprene sleeves that sound like they'd do what you're looking for. A couple even had staps on them, to use as a carry-all. I've been looking online for a picture - no luck so far - but they were sort of like these or like these. Just smaller.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 08:05 AM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I have the MEdge Leisure case for my Sony and like it fine. It's very useful for travel. It has a padded frame and a clear plastic cover and zips shut. This allows you to see the screen while it is protected. In fact, you can place the reader into teh paded frame screen first which adds good protection when it's in a carry on bag or purse. Although not completely waterproof it is water resistant and thus a good choice for the beach or on a boat.

I got one back in February and like it fine. The zipper eventually broke and I sent MEdge an eMail asking how much it would cost to fix and, without my asking, they sent me a replacement cover at no charge. That's impressive.

Anyway, they do accept international orders and you can look at the case here http://www.buymedge.com/p_Sony505Ls.html
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2008, 10:45 AM   #6
JanetCinNC
Groupie
JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650 in red, Sony PRS-600 in red, Sony PRS-505 in red, iPad 2
Vera Bradley mini hipsters are perfect for the reader

It fits the reader (500 or 505) with the supplied cover like the mini hipster was made for the Sony reader! I have discussed this before on several threads, but I didn't bother to link to them. Make sure you look at the MINI hipster, as the normal hipster is far too large.

Anyway, Vera Bradley has retired some colors again, so those are available at discount.
JanetCinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 03:26 AM   #7
BBRags
Connoisseur
BBRags began at the beginning.

Device: None
I wanted a soft case that would hold my 505 with Lightwedge cover, which is thicker than the standard cover, and that would keep out the dust. At my Staples office supply store, I found an At-A-Glance planner cover, measuring 6 x 9 in black pleather with zippered closure and priced about $10 US. When the planner cover is open, on the left side is a set of pockets that can hold memory cards and other small accessories. On the right side is a removable notepad. After I removed the notepad, the 505 with Lightwedge cover fit snuggly. The fit was a bit too snug because when the planner cover was closed, the zipper on one of the inside pockets left an imprint on the Lightwedge cover. I put in a large piece of craft felt to serve as a protector. You won't need the felt if your reader has a standard cover.

BBRags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:01 AM   #8
gardenstate
Groupie
gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and PRS-950
Staples 6x9 planner looks great!

Unfortunately, I was unable to find it.

Do you have a Staples stock number, At-a-glance item number,or Internet site link on this item?

thanks.
gardenstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:52 AM   #9
gardenstate
Groupie
gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and PRS-950
Is this it?

http://www.mead.com/webapp/wcs/store..._false_10051##
gardenstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:22 PM   #10
BBRags
Connoisseur
BBRags began at the beginning.

Device: None
That could be it. It measures 6 7/8" wide. The one I have measures 6 7/8" wide if I lay it flat and press down. A 505 reader with a standard cover measures about 5" wide, so it won't be a snug fit. There is a similar planner cover measuring 4 7/8" x 8", but that might be too small. Is there a Staples near you to test fit your reader before buying?

I really like the planner cover as a carrier for my 505 with Lightwedge. Here's what it looks like unzippered.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	test.PNG
Views:	1025
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	19204  

Last edited by BBRags; 12-14-2008 at 12:44 PM.
BBRags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:05 PM   #11
DocHamm
DocHamm began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
The Staples Planner is a nifty idea and looks good. I'd like the extra storage space but I'm still thinking of going with the Armor. I like to travel very light and having one external pocket and maybe a hook on the outside of the Armor would make it supreme. Since I use a large capacity SD card I don't really need to carry more than one; at least not yet
DocHamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:26 PM   #12
mctmson
mctmson began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Neoprene sleeve for PRS-505

See my post here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=328595
mctmson is offline   Reply With Quote