Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: What is your overall thoughts on Pocket with Kobo
It really needs to be improved before I will commit to using it for anything. 5 7.58%
It works but its not for me. 3 4.55%
Neutral- no real opinion due to non use, or limited availability across the Kobo product line! 7 10.61%
Satisfied but only use for limited use. 13 19.70%
Kick ass option that will get a lot of use! 38 57.58%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #31
Inferio
Inferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Glo
Is it possible to run Pocket on Kobo Mini then with the new firmware?

Or does anybody know if Kobo Mini will ever get official Pocket support like other models?

Thanks for your answers!

Last edited by Inferio; 11-10-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Inferio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:37 AM   #32
Kasper Hviid
Zealot
Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Pocket seems really great - the only downside is that some pages just refuses to show up on my Aura HD, like this one:
http://sevencamels.blogspot.co.il/20...makes.html?m=1
(Strangely, the URL worked once, but then I deleted it and Pocketed it again, and then it no longer showed up on Kobo)
I also tried saving this tread to Pocket, but it didn't work -- apparently, it is possible to save forum messages to Pocket, but it refuses to display them on Kobo, since it's not an "article".

One thing I don't like is that Pocket refuses to acknowledge when it has a problem. The Kobo just hides the articles it is unable to display, without admitting that the article couldn't be shown. Nobody likes seeing error messages - but still, everyone would very much like to know when there had been an error. Hiding the negative information is not a good idea.

It worries me slightly that I don't know how getpocket.com intends to make money on their product. However, I really like that its possible to export the actual content of ones account to an open format (.html). It is a brave choice from the developers.

All in all, the Pocket integration is a revolution, albeit slightly flawed.
Kasper Hviid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2013, 10:33 AM   #33
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I got my Aura yesterday and the first thing I did was downloaded the hundreds of Pocket articles I have unread, mainly fan fiction. I have 87 pages of articles, the oldest of which is 2010!

I'll start reading them now and perhaps get my list reduced.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:38 AM   #34
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What I'd like is the option to display the tags as collections. I'll have to pop over to their website and leave some feedback.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:31 PM   #35
ArmorDog
Connoisseur
ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi and Kobo Touch and Kobo Glo and Kobo H20
For what it's worth, I use the Pocket integration every day.
It's like my newspaper.
ArmorDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2013, 09:01 PM   #36
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasper Hviid View Post
Pocket seems really great - the only downside is that some pages just refuses to show up on my Aura HD, like this one:
http://sevencamels.blogspot.co.il/20...makes.html?m=1
(Strangely, the URL worked once, but then I deleted it and Pocketed it again, and then it no longer showed up on Kobo)
Kasper, I have saved and then deleted this article multiple times and it saves it as an article and loads on my Aura HD every time. Just curious what you are using to add it to pocket, maybe it matters which tool you use to do it with.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:27 AM   #37
Kasper Hviid
Zealot
Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hey JimInRussell, Thanks for testing! I just gave it another try, and now it works! (FYI, I originally used Kobo's build-in browser, and I think I tried the Firefox extension later)
Old 11-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #38
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Possible Pocket Uses

So what have you guys been using the pocket interface for? I noticed someone here mentioned as a Newspaper. So what else is possible? I use Pocket to store and read any online documentation (manuals for items I use)

Any one else care to share what they use Pocket for?

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:23 PM   #39
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
long wikipedia articles, for the rest, I'll see with what I find wandering on the web
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:38 PM   #40
Kasper Hviid
Zealot

I'm currently going through my entire bookmark collection, searching for longer texts that are pocket-worthy.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:01 PM   #41
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
So what have you guys been using the pocket interface for? I noticed someone here mentioned as a Newspaper. So what else is possible? I use Pocket to store and read any online documentation (manuals for items I use)

Any one else care to share what they use Pocket for?
Short stories from online SF magazines.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:59 AM   #42
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Short stories from online SF magazines.
You know that might be the one of the best uses to date!
Thanks for the tip!!!!

Regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:05 PM   #43
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

I read fan fiction short stories on it, if I like them or they turn out to be long then I convert them to word and make an ebook.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #44
Filmbrain
Connoisseur
Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I loved my Aura HD, but now with Pocket integration it is an even more invaluable device. I use Pocket primarily for longer pieces I come across online -- The Guardian, The New Yorker, Atlantic, and New Republic are just a few examples.
Filmbrain is offline   Reply With Quote