Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-23-2011, 04:30 AM   #46
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
sirmaru, sorry to hear your story but you are now with you new and improved Fire! My Fire has "died" several times when the battery ran out but each time I was able to revive it by resetting it (holding the on/off button for a long while, releasing it, and then pressing it again. Well...
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:11 AM   #47
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
For eReading, 3rd Gen eInk Keyboard is BETTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by osnova View Post
sirmaru, sorry to hear your story but you are now with you new and improved Fire! My Fire has "died" several times when the battery ran out but each time I was able to revive it by resetting it (holding the on/off button for a long while, releasing it, and then pressing it again. Well...
Osnova,

For pure ebook reading, the 3rd Generation Kindle Keyboard is BETTER than the Kindle Fire. However, the Fire can run many other Android Apps which gives it a wider usage pattern.

Your Direct Verse Jump Bibles are still the best on that eInk eReader.

Maybe you should work on something for the Fire as well.

See this thread on my doctrine for preventing sudden battery death syndrome for the Fire:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=162206
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:08 PM   #48
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Osnova,

Your Direct Verse Jump Bibles are still the best on that eInk eReader.

Maybe you should work on something for the Fire as well.
I am updating all publications with features friendly to touchscreens. It's not as fast as DVJ but still fast enough. My latest publications all use this approach. I am especially proud of the Essential Greek New Testament for the Absolute Beginner, which I mostly use on Fire myself.
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 02:37 PM   #49
kryssie57
kryssie57 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
This actually seems to be a common problem with kindles in general. My first kindle just randomly died one day and i had to get a new one. Mine was 7 months old at the time. A little over a month later, my friends just died. I also have other friends that said that their kindles just randomly died. Not sure, but it seems to be somewhat common.
kryssie57 is offline   Reply With Quote