Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-11-2010, 09:13 PM   #1
jjm6383
Enthusiast
jjm6383 is on a distinguished road

Device: Pandigital Nova, Aluratek Libre Pro, Dell Axim x51v
Looking for a Reader that also has PDA functions

My brother is looking to replace his Hiebook. He would like a reader that also has Calendar and Contact functions. What's available?
jjm6383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:40 PM   #2
rahulm
Zealot
rahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: None
iPad is probably your best bet.
rahulm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2010, 11:11 PM   #3
Poppa1956
Evangelist
Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Verizon Ellipsis Tablit w/Kindle and Nook apps.
Either iPad, or a PDA with reader software on it. I used to use Plukr and MobiPocket a lot until I dropped my Palm Pilot one too many times.

Last edited by Poppa1956; 06-11-2010 at 11:12 PM. Reason: I still weep for the books.
Poppa1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 04:14 AM   #4
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
It looks like the ASUS EEE Tablet is going to have Calendar and Contacts.

cap
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:50 AM   #5
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Also the Alex would be a nice fit but it is priced awfully close to the iPad though. Which may be a better choice. But if money isn't an issue and wants the eink then the Alex would be a nice choice
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2010, 12:30 PM   #6
Rabbit62
Rabbit62 began at the beginning.

Device: ??
Hi,
This is my first post.
I need the same adviceI am looking for a mid device which is being 7".

Which one should I buy to use e-reader and tablet pc (mid)?
Smartq v7
X10 7"
W1060
Best regards.
(Sorry google translate )
Rabbit62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:55 PM   #7
jjm6383
Enthusiast
jjm6383 is on a distinguished road

Device: Pandigital Nova, Aluratek Libre Pro, Dell Axim x51v
He's looking for something smaller than the iPad and bigger than a PDA (he has a Dell Axim 50v). He really liked the size of the Hiebook (slightly smaller than my Aluratek Libre) and wants something that is almost pocketable.
jjm6383 is offline   Reply With Quote