Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-23-2010, 10:48 PM   #1
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Palm webOS eReader roundup

I've had my Palm Pre for quite a long time and I never knew there were so many eReaders for webOS. If you have a Palm webOS phone, take a look:

"Right now in the App catalog, there are 343 apps in the Book category. None of those apps begin with a “K” and end with an “indle,” but there are a few worth mentioning. 80 of those apps are from Appible LLC. AppBookShop, a relatively new entrant into the App Catalog, is adding more and more e-book apps every day. Another one of note is e-books by Kobo. Last but not least is pReader."

Source: webOS eReader Roundup! [webOS roundup]
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:51 AM   #2
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
I have pReader and Kobo on my Pre. They complement one another very nicely--Kobo for DRMed books (that you buy from Kobo, that is) and unDRMed books in multiple formats on pReader.

pReader has improved greatly since I first downloaded it and keeps adding functionality. For unDRMed ebooks, it is definitely the premier reader for webOS.

When the Pre launched, the only ebook reader software available was Shortcovers. I downloaded it and hated it and got rid of it. Once they relaunched as Kobo, I tried it again and was very impressed. It's not an open reader--it is a closed ecosystem. However, the prices are pretty good and they have most of the latest books and some free books as well. Unfortunately, you can't download free books so if you're reading somewhere you don't have a good signal, you're out of luck (which is the same problem Shortcovers had). It's definitely worth a look, though. It could use some improving, however, and I hope they are working on it.

DRMed books you buy from elsewhere? You're out of luck, unfortunately. Unless pReader can handle DRM and I wasn't aware.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
resources