Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-20-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
Aekung
Aekung began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thumbs up Someone Likes Lan Yu: A Forbiden Love of a Straight and Gay [Now a motion movie]

I've just published an English Translation of Chinese famous novel calls 'Someone Likes Lan Yu' and it is now available on Kindle Store so I think I will just give a short introductory here.

The novel itself was written by Anonymous, some call him/her Beijing Comrade. It's the story of a Straight business man who does have secretly passion on sex, which whichever genders. He was more likely to be straight until he found a university student boy who was invited by on of his elder to turn himself to a rich man toy for the education fees. They met each other and Han-Tong, the business guy, decided that he would take his first man on man experience with this the university student, Lan Yu, just for a temporary fun. Unfortunately, this temporary fun turned to be something far more complicated

Rumors said the author of Someone Like Lan Yu was forced by Chinese government not so long after he/she decided to publish the novel online. Due to the very moving and touching story, along with the aggressive sex scene on both gay, lesbian, and straight way (The narrator, Han-Tong is Bi), the novel was, and still is, a great success among the internet surfer in china. It's not overate to call this novel 'The Best Boy Love Story I've ever read'.

Later on, Someone Likes Lan Yu was adapted to the motion picture by Stanley Kwan (like to IMDB http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0292066/ ). The production had to be kept as top secret due to the fact that they couldn't let chinese government know this until it would show in the theater. Again, it was really popular and received many awards from from stages around the world. The movie was titled as 'Lan Yu'

[Image delete - MODERATOR]
Lan Yu movie poster

Lan Yu movie trailer (2001)[/CENTER]

I, myself, cried a lot and was also being aroused very much from the sex scenes of this novel, even with the gay sex and scene - which is the majority sex scene of the whole novel (Shame on me :-\).

You can find the book by following this kindle store link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007B4Q43K

Here is the cover of the kindle version I've made.

[Image deleted - MODERATOR]

I've also converted a 5 chapters sample of Someone Likes Lan Yu to let you observe the best of this novel. You can kindly download from this link: http://www.mediafire.com/?td8ki851x9fdj2i * *Please note that it is a Kindle Ready version.

If you like it, don't hesitate to buy the full version, rate it, like it, comment on it, and spreading the word about this ebook.

Thank you very much.

PS: This novel, along with the translation is PD.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-20-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Aekung is offline   Reply With Quote