Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-14-2012, 05:07 PM   #1
SOThunder
SOThunder began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1
Search and Replace

I've been using Calibre for a while now and I really like it, but I seem to be lost when it comes to using this feature.
I recently tried to convert a book, it seemed to work alright but the punctuation got lost some how. Instead of " and " I get \a147 and \a146 and other things similar to that. I've tried to use the search and replace to change \a147 to a " (quotation mark) but it dosen't seem to do anything. Any know what I'm doing wrong?
SOThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
I think you want to ask this question over in the Conversion forum rather than here. Based on what I know, which I admit isn't much, I think you want to be using something like the Tweak EPUB plugin rather than the Search And Replace function. I think the S&R is more for editing Metadata type things than the contents of your actual books.
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2012, 08:29 AM   #3
idea00
idea00 will become famous soon enoughidea00 will become famous soon enoughidea00 will become famous soon enoughidea00 will become famous soon enoughidea00 will become famous soon enoughidea00 will become famous soon enough

Device: android
This reply is a bit late but:

The characters are PML characters which can be replaced with the html char code equivalent (see link)
Search/Replace in calibre works fine but the search is a regular expression so you actually need to use \\a147 (the backslash is a escape special character and needs to be escaped with a backslash)
idea00 is offline   Reply With Quote