Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-27-2010, 04:59 AM   #1
etoile
etoile began at the beginning.

Device: iriver story
Why do you have more than 2 readers?

I've seen so many people here in mobileread who have more than two ebook readers.

Now, I have iriver Story and I don't feel any incomfortable with it.
I am just curious that why you guys have more than two readers. Is the reason that you are not satisfied with your previous one and then buy new one???
etoile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:22 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
None of the readers completely satisfy my needs and wants. But my readers together do.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2010, 05:30 AM   #3
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by etoile View Post
I've seen so many people here in mobileread who have more than two ebook readers.

Now, I have iriver Story and I don't feel any incomfortable with it.
I am just curious that why you guys have more than two readers. Is the reason that you are not satisfied with your previous one and then buy new one???
Readers fill different needs. E.g I use my iPod touch for short reads and reading of RSS feeds because it's very speedy and convenient to navigate; my Pocketbook 360 is ideal for the normal reading of books, and I'd like eventually a bigger reader for reading manga and comics and university PDF documents. I'm eyeing a Pocketbook 901 for that, since it will be quite competitive in terms of price.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:33 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Etoile. It's a matter of different horses for different courses. I use my reader simply for straight novels. Some need a separate device for other reading needs in different formats. Others just love to collect gadgets. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:09 AM   #5
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I keep failing my saving throw against shiny.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2010, 06:12 AM   #6
deltop
Zealot
deltop doesn't litterdeltop doesn't litterdeltop doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo
I think many people (especially on this forum) just love ebooks and the technology so much they can't help buying a new toy/gadget whenever something else comes along that is better than their previous reader.

I have a PRS-505 and love it. But I've an iPad coming today and I'm seriously thinking about buying a BeBook Neo next!
deltop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:40 AM   #7
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I keep failing my saving throw against shiny.
I (sadly) keep succeeding... Must be because of that attachment I picked up over 17 years ago...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:13 AM   #8
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I use my Libre for less permanent content like magazines, fanfic and library books that I read and then delete. I like that I can use the memory card and download from computers at work in plain text. If it is going into Calibre or is a purchase like Kobo that needs to be downloaded from my home PC, I put it on the Kindle. Generally, the Kindle comes out with me so I can use text to speech and read on the go, and the Libre stays home for before-bed reading.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:15 AM   #9
joobies
Addict
joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 1, Sony PRS-505
Welcome, Etoile!

I purchased my Kindle first. After watching my husband drool for a year, I got him a Sony. Since I maintain content on both, I list both.
joobies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:05 AM   #10
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
I bought a BeBook One. The wife had to have one. I then received a BeBook Mini free for helping on the BeBook forums. The wife had to have one. I received a BeBook Neo free for the same reasons. Luckily, the wife doesn't want one. So thats 5 readers, 3 of which I paid for. It would be cheaper to get rid of the wife.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:31 AM   #11
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Galaxy Note 2
I have no excuse other than obsession.
maxbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:45 AM   #12
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
***I think many people (especially on this forum) just love ebooks and the technology so much***

You may be right, Deltop. I'd venture to suggest, though, that most MR members fell in love with reading well before they fell in love with the ebook idea and the technology that delivers it so well. Maybe we need another poll: What comes first -- the quality of the novel or the quality of the device? If it turns out that fascination with technoloy has led some folks into literature, I'd be very encouraged. I have a sneaking feeling that it might be vice-versa. Interesting thought to ponder. Here's karma to ya.Thanks. Neil

Last edited by neilmarr; 05-27-2010 at 09:48 AM. Reason: To spead a little karma.
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:54 AM   #13
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, etoile.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:57 AM   #14
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
You can never have too many ways to read
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:05 AM   #15
Orochi
Connoisseur
Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo, Ipod Touch
I have to say for me it`s a little of both. I do love the tech side of it and my little gadgets, but there is a little practicality and I guess comfort thrown in.

I first bought an Ipod Touch knowing I could read on it, but I also love my music and all the other neat toys it has to offer. I also, recently bought a Kobo, because I actually found it generally more comfortable for reading. I still read on the Touch, but tend to carry it in shirt pocket where it is less obtrusive, when I am out and about. So far the Kobo is dedicated mostly for home or vacations. I find it more comfortable for longer periods of reading, but still to large for my mobile device, but that may change in the future.

And yes, I would love an Ipad, but, I can`t really justify the cost, I hear they are heavy for holding for long periods, and I really love how easy E-ink is on the eyes.
Orochi is offline   Reply With Quote