Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-25-2016, 06:48 PM   #1
ThSpeck
ThSpeck began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2i, Sony PRS-T3s
Problem with Calibre 2.57.1 (64 bit)

Since installing 2.57.1 I have a problem adding some epub files, I get the following error:

calibre, version 2.57.1
WARNING: Errors while adding: There were problems adding some files, click "Show details" for more information

Could not add C:\Windows\system32\Redirecting output to win32trace remote collector
G:\Path\to\file.epub as you do not have permission to read the file (Path changed).

Uninstalling and reinstalling 2.56 fixed the problem for me.

Sorry, if this is not the right place for a bug report.
ThSpeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 09:21 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
G:
What is a G: drive doing in this?

2.57.1 64 bit installed normally (standard UAC permission response required)
Did you download from the Official site? IMHO do NOT use a download accelerator

Did you try disabling your A/V during the actual install?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2016, 10:28 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
What is the full path to the file you are trying to add? Does it happen only with that file or with all files?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 04:59 AM   #4
ThSpeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
What is the full path to the file you are trying to add? Does it happen only with that file or with all files?
The full path doesn't seem to matter, since at first I used my dafault imprt path (that is where i put all new book to import) and i tried several other paths as well.

After downgrading, the file imported without probems.

Also, not all files are affected, since another one i got yesterday imported flawlessly (both were DRM-free epubs from http://www.beam-ebooks.de/)

The original path is nothing where Windows security changes mght have impact. After that I tried reimporting older files and about 1/3 of them showed the same error, always from the same folders (tried several).
Old 05-26-2016, 05:20 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Googling your error message

"Redirecting output to win32trace remote collector"

the problem is almost certainly caused by some shell extension, most likely TortoiseHG
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2016, 07:12 AM   #6
ThSpeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Googling your error message

"Redirecting output to win32trace remote collector"

the problem is almost certainly caused by some shell extension, most likely TortoiseHG
Sorry, no Tortoise on this machine. Neither is Python (which I found using Google). Anyway, since the problem does not exist using Calibre 2.56, something must have been changed to trigger the problem.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:06 AM   #7
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
One of the new features of calibre 2.57.1 was
Quote:
Windows: Use a helper process that does not load any calibre DLLs to display file open/save dialogs. This should fix most crashes caused by poorly designed windows shell extensions.
It would seem that this experiment had flaws. Hopefully fixed with: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...b4abf870ba5475
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 06:14 PM   #8
ThSpeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
One of the new features of calibre 2.57.1 was

It would seem that this experiment had flaws. Hopefully fixed with: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...b4abf870ba5475
Thanks. I will wait for the next version.

BTW, another reader of the same book had no problems importing it using 2.57.1.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:32 PM   #9
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, presumably they don't have the same shell extensions you do...
Old 06-21-2016, 02:52 PM   #10
ThSpeck

Sorry, I forgot to mention, after updateing to 2.58, everything worked again.
Old 06-22-2016, 12:27 PM   #11
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Thanks for the status update.